Cassandra Wilson - New Moon Daughter

Discussion in 'Music Reviews' started by Billfort, Jun 25, 2005.

1. PAGS

PAGS AK Subscriber Subscriber

Funny, Nora Jones doesn't do it for me. Even bought Come Away with Me on SACD; no luck. Find her, I don't know, too wimpy. Interestingly, I really like Alison Krauss, who some might consider wimpy. Different strokes for different folks I guess. :)

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Ilikevinyl

Ilikevinyl Cool Breeze Subscriber

I just ordered "New Moon Daughter" on vinyl! Can't wait to hear it!

3. FauxHall

FauxHall Super Member

For something different. try Stacey Kent. Light and bubbly and bouncy. Sort of a cutesy feminine voice but such a pleasure to listen to.

4. Maudi

Maudi New Member

Norah Jones' was at first produced by Craig Street, the producer of ''New Moon Daughter'' record company didn't like the result and hired Arif Mardin to do it all over.
    I love ''New Moon Daughter'' but am not too crazy about Come Away with Me. Maybe I would have like the first attempt better.

5. CKDC

CKDC AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have never understood why so many wet their pants around here over Norah Jones. I find her totally lacking compared to other vocalists like Cassandra Wilson, Abbey Lincoln, Joni Mitchell, etc.

6. CKDC

CKDC AK Subscriber Subscriber

I would like to suggest you check out Danilo Prerz’s “Across the Crystal Sea.”

I find the album in general to be quite worthwhile but highlighted by Cassandra Wilson’s singing.

Please register to disable this ad.