Cat Women On The Moon (1953) Black Tights Make it Right

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Amazon Prime Video

Cat Women On The Moon (1953) This is one of the movies Elmer Bernstein did the sound track on while he was black listed. Intrepid explorers travel to the Moon. I got a big kick out of the control room on the space ship. This is when William [Bill] Halligan was big on product placement. Note the Hallicrafters SX-42 general coverage receiver and it’s matching R-42 speaker. The howler is the Budd office chairs. Watch them strap into an swivel office chairs with wheels. The surplus Navy racks for acceleration couches ROTFLMAO. Of course it is the THE HOLLYWOOD COVER GIRLS as The Cat Women that make the whole movie. Interestingly “The Hollywood Cover Girls” is still going strong. Make sure you are sitting down when you see the space suits.

BD43470E-AE71-480C-8963-55C59891A49E.jpeg

Nothing quite like a really bad sci-fi movie to fill out your day.

The-Green-Slime-classic-science-fiction-films-1025105_1024_768.jpg

All the best rockets are made with Diamond plate Steel floors, Corrugated Steel walls, Steel furniture & Steel Radios. :rflmao:

All the best rockets are made with Diamond plate Steel floors, Corrugated Steel walls, Steel furniture & Steel Radios. :rflmao:

A lot of postwar sci-fi had a vibe reminiscent of a USN ship or government facility. My guess is the thought of privately funded space travel was inconceivable then.

That's one of the many reason Alien was interesting. It's the first film I can recall that clearly had private enterprise behind the Nostromo mission.

Back
Top Bottom