Cellphone photos. Caught anything interesting lately? Post em!

Oh, the irony! My favorite zoo (the Toledo Zoo) advertised on a billboard...in southwest Detroit (aka Mexicantown). :D (If it's any indication of our respective zoos, I am a Toledo Zoo member, and my last visit to the Detroit Zoo two years ago was a total waste of time.)

IMG_20170618_174623-01.jpeg

Took my youngest to Los Galanes a couple of weeks ago, and took a photo from our outdoor seat. Across the corner is Xochimilco, which some locals like but I never cared for. In the far upper right is the sign for the now-closed El Zocalo.

IMG_20170618_182738-01.jpeg

Was out for a hike with out of town guest last week and ran into this motoring by..
Capture1.JPG

This morning between rain showers I took my 20 foot home built boat out for a ride. This is about 8 miles south from the house.
It has been a fairly typical summer in these parts, temps in the 50's and 60's for the most part with one day reaching 80. Maritime weather influences here even though we are a hundred miles inland from the open Pacific, the channels bring the ocean right to our doorstep..

Capture2.JPG

Ducked into a little cove for some quiet time, listen to the birds etc..This picture is facing west with a glacier overhanging..

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Was out for a hike with out of town guest last week and ran into this motoring by..
View attachment 958667

This morning between rain showers I took my 20 foot home built boat out for a ride. This is about 8 miles south from the house.
It has been a fairly typical summer in these parts, temps in the 50's and 60's for the most part with one day reaching 80. Maritime weather influences here even though we are a hundred miles inland from the open Pacific, the channels bring the ocean right to our doorstep..

View attachment 958669

Ducked into a little cove for some quiet time, listen to the birds etc..This picture is facing west with a glacier overhanging..

View attachment 958672

View attachment 958674
Reminds me of our time in Whittier Alaska in June 2012 hope I spelled it correctly.

Back
Top Bottom