Cellphone photos. Caught anything interesting lately? Post em!

Taking the thread title literally...this is what happens when you leave your cell phone in the middle of I-75, in Auburn Hills, MI, for 24 hours. :whip:

It rode on the bumper of a truck for 3 miles before getting on the freeway. The Otterbox case kept a pretty good grip on the bumper until that last curve on the entrance ramp. :bowdown:

Unlike the Marantz in the fire, it does not work anymore. :mad:

20170814_182838.jpg 20170814_182829.jpg

Taking the thread title literally...this is what happens when you leave your cell phone in the middle of I-75, in Auburn Hills, MI, for 24 hours. :whip:

It rode on the bumper of a truck for 3 miles before getting on the freeway. The Otterbox case kept a pretty good grip on the bumper until that last curve on the entrance ramp. :bowdown:

Unlike the Marantz in the fire, it does not work anymore. :mad:

View attachment 985816 View attachment 985818
Damn! Hope you had insurance!

The Clinton, Arkansas chamber of commerce built this TARDIS and put it on the side of the road in town. Inside of it are brochures about local attractions. It is a really big hit with locals and tourists. Every time I drive by there is someone there taking pictures. Today we were the ones out there taking some pics :D.

20170825_152512.jpg

Taking the thread title literally...this is what happens when you leave your cell phone in the middle of I-75, in Auburn Hills, MI, for 24 hours.
Right in the middle of all of that construction? Close enough though. Ouch!

Some sort of combo sport I take it, kite surfing?
I see a lot of that kitesurfing out on Lake St. Clair, at the Metropark. Sometimes as many as 15 or 20 on a nice breezy day. They are almost more like parachutes than kites.

Although that wasn't the most interesting I've seen out there. My daughter and I were standing out on the lake in December one year. Frozen solid, of course. Someone had on some kind of skis, and was using the same type of sail to propel himself across the frozen ice and snow. He was moving at a really good clip! If I can find a pic of it, I'll post that here. I'm sure the ice fishermen were pleased. :D

I apparently have 973 images from my trip out west. Some are edits (a copy is saved), some are downloads I received from my daughter via text (she took a few photos for me on her phone while I was driving). So I can't exactly share 'em all. But I'll drop a few here for now.

IMG_20170806_123625-01.jpeg

IMG_20170801_205919-01.jpeg

IMG_20170802_130819-02.jpeg IMG_20170803_105538-01.jpeg

IMG_20170729_222222_893.jpg

While traveling on a distant planet the other day I came across these interesting spiny life forms. One end from the other appear identical, and they were all traveling the same general direction, towards the pole. Perhaps a seasonal migration?
Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

@Alobar - I've encountered those little guys before!

"Spotted Tussock Moth or Yellow-Spotted Tiger Moth"
"https://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/species/Lophocampa-maculata

Also,,, Just a couple from the dashboard on drive to/from work
View attachment 1004739
Wow! That tank has to be making that tractor grunt!
Back 40 years ago when I ran trucks the biggest and heaviest load I ever hauled was a D-8 Cat on a low boy with its blade still on the Cat which was near 16 feet wide if I remember. Took up the whole road that day!

Good to know about the Tiger Moth. It was a first for me and it seems like we are being overrun with them. I figure the snow is coming soon so they had better get where they are going..

My wife gets home from her job a few hours before I do. She discovered a very pregnant praying mantis who hung out on our small back entrance for a few hours Thursday afternoon. When I got home she was still in the same spot. Some research shows they reproduce in the fall. Managed to capture quite a few shots on my Galaxy S5 Active. I hope cropping is allowed. The pic on the right shows her size in relation to the 6" concrete slab. Due to the length of time she was there I could have captured these with a better camera but I haven't done any serious photography in quite a few years.
20170914_165508-1.jpg 20170914_170638.jpg 20170914_165339-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom