Celt's modest system

I put the table thru the paces today....other than the Hip Pocket record :D, I played several warped records, one, a Box Tops 45 that looked like a ride at Palisades Park, and the 1812 Telarc. It tracked all with aplomb. :yes:

index.php

Attachments

• 1812Overture.jpg
    1812Overture.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 406
There are a few members who are interested in the particulars of my "Model 6" speakers...so to them...
Human PRO-005 woofers and discontinued Pioneer KO1T03910918-9SM tweeters. I used Jantzen Standard 8.2uF caps for the crossovers.
Crossing @ 1800Hz acoustic. These are in the discontinued American made CSW Model 6 boxes in teak.

index.php

index.php

index.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0417.jpg
    DSCN0417.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 404
  • DSCN0418.jpg
    DSCN0418.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 400
  • DSCN0419.jpg
    DSCN0419.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
There are a few members who are interested in the particulars of my "Model 6" speakers...so to them...
Human PRO-005 woofers and discontinued Pioneer KO1T03910918-9SM tweeters. I used Jantzen Standard 8.2uF caps for the crossovers.
Crossing @ 1800Hz acoustic. These are in the discontinued American made CSW Model 6 boxes in teak.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Believe it or not they're all discontinued now. However that looks like it would be an interesting project if the American made models ever pop up locally. I have seen a few of the black vinyl veneer models but they've been pretty tore up.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

I recently added a stainless steel under-slung counterweight out of Croatia. It improved it's tracking and resolve tremendously!

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• DSCN0520.jpg
    DSCN0520.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCN0521.JPG
    DSCN0521.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 248
That's a beautiful and elegant turntable!

Congratulations on your speaker build. I'm using a Topping (TP-21) on my DIY two-ways.

:music:

Sure! Just use a SPST toggle and solder two 4" wires to it, braid them and solder one to each L+R output RCA pad on the ART.
Drill a 3/8" hole to the front panel and mount.That's it!

Could you explain that a bit more? I have an ART pre laying around and this sounds interesting. What does the toggle do? What is the RCA pad? Thanks much - your system is very cool, love to see the stuff that's come in and out. If you have any close up pics of the ART wiring, that would be cool to see.

Could you explain that a bit more? I have an ART pre laying around and this sounds interesting. What does the toggle do? What is the RCA pad? Thanks much - your system is very cool, love to see the stuff that's come in and out. If you have any close up pics of the ART wiring, that would be cool to see.
It sums stereo to mono. There by reducing surface noise by a large factor. Quite simple really. Don't have any pics other than the ones already posted.

Yesterday I added an Audio Engine B1 Bluetooth receiver to my system. With it's aptX codec and 4.0 capability it sounds fine!
Now I can stream Radio Paradise and my local NPR station as well as play the hundreds of music files I have stored on my lappie!

index.php

Attachments

• 100_0102.JPG
    100_0102.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 145
Back
Top Bottom