Chat

Keeps a constant Mobile Chat tab going at the bottom of my iPhone when scrolling. Never used chat before but I'm going to have to find a way to hide that on mobile.

In Settings, uncheck Keep Room Open.

There is also a switch at the right-hand end of the chatroom toolbar, on the bottom of the page.

This is Arrow; I've seen it before. I didn't think this was going to happen till the V5 upgrade was done.

The thing about this system is it wasn't designed for full-force chat; nor was it designed to really integrate in to something like AK. I'm not knocking the admin's decisions; as they've got other things to worry about. But this was originally designed as a web-based IM service and customer-support chat.

I hope they don't stick with it; it's pretty lousy and not very good.

Last edited:
Nothing is set in stone. We are just trying out some new stuff for now.

Thanks
Grumpy

I couldn't find the setting mentioned above, but changing to the plain vBulletin v3 option toward the bottom left, just above the Friends of Audiokarma area, takes away the chat popup.

Thats what was in use last night or so? I was using it, and it disconnected several times on me. I do have sketchy wifi out in the workshop, so it may have been me. Not sure if it was a font setting or what, but the usernames in the chat window were also very light and hard to read. Functionally it did seem to work but the window hanging out on the screen and the faint names made it a bit clunky to use.

Thanks for removing it.

PLEASE keep AK free from pop ups and other similar features. One of the things I like about AK is that it is a user friendly format that doesn't "scream" at you with clutter and click bait.

My problem was with the floating chat thing that showed up yesterday. I don't mind ads on AK because they are usually about products that I am interested in.

What I find extremely anoying are the floating pop ups that are designed to bug the crap out of you in an attempt to force you to look at it.

For the record, I liked Arrow Chat. An unobtrusive little button @ the bottom-right corner of my laptop's screen. Click "on" or "off". No issues. I don't use mobile devices (IPad, Iphone, etc.) for browsing and thus did not experience the mobile version that inspired the hue and cry that has resulted in Arrow Chat's elimination. I've never used our Chat feature, but gosh darn it all
I already miss that unobtrusive little button.

We do our best to keep AK clean an uncluttered.

Back
Top Bottom