Cheap Chinese 6P3P kit

That is REALLY cool little chip amp. It is driving my garage speakers to a High level of sound. The size of a pack of smokes and pushes the speaker quite well

That is REALLY cool little chip amp. It is driving my garage speakers to a High level of sound. The size of a pack of smokes and pushes the speaker quite well

Gonna use it for my pc speakers until I built my tube amp :banana::banana: Glad to know that it works welll

Smoke is harm to your health...

It's actually smaller than a smoke pack. about a name card size.

Just finished my 6p3p from Siliconray, and Im very happy how it turned out. This was my first tube amp project. I studied the schematic and forum notes, changed out the power tubes to KT66's, and replaced the 10k feedback resistors with 330k, and it sounds and looks great!

Paul

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am really keen to build a valve amp kit and I have seen one from Douk audio which looks like the same model. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with the kits from Douk audio?

They can be hit and miss. Douk sells everything from cheap junk to some decent gear. A lot of these little single ended amp kits cut corners in the design.
The instructions aren't the greatest either. Sometimes just a schematic and a picture of the underside wired up. Many of the power transformers have 110v primary windings. So once plugged into 120v mains, the B+ and heater voltages will be higher. The higher heater voltages especially will wear out the heaters in the tubes faster. So research as much as you can about any Chi-Fi kit you are interested in.

I also felt the urge to build something, I found this immediately as you brought it back to the front. What happened to Siliconray and the people that tried this and then just disappeared? I would like to know if they held up long term and am surprised it just died in this forum......anyone?

Back
Top Bottom