cheap USB stereo input for PC

bluefan

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So I am looking at hooking up a phono pre to my new PC that does not have an audio input. I want to record albums to flac. Is there a decent USB stereo audio (with jack or RCA) input device that anyone would recommend? I was using my old PC that had audio in but it also has a low level hum that I cannot seem to get around.

check the user manual - the headphone out may also be an input or the headphone and mic
share duties.

what PC is this that has no audio input?

I didn't realize that the Behringer could do 24bit when I was looking at it before... Thanks guys... I just ordered it.

The UCA 202 isn't a 24-bit unit. It's 16/48 max. It it says otherwise on Amazon, Amazon is wrong.

It's got the same restrictions the UCA-202/222 have. I does 16/44 and 16/48. What do you want for $30?!

bf: You could consider the Focusrite Scalet 2i2 (2nd gen.) or the Steinberg UR22 MkII - but if you'd like to spend less, the Behringer UMC202HD also isn't bad. All three are decent prosumer USB sound interfaces with two input an two output channels and proper input level control. Main difference is that the Behringer doesn't sport an ASIO diver "of its own", but makes use of ASIO4all instead for that purpose.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Thank you Iini. Seems like I need to figure out whether 16 bit is just as good as 24 bit for my basic needs.

Back
Top Bottom