• Yes + 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes + 2

• Yes + 3

• Total voters

keithpgdrb

I have set up a headphone meet through another site that I frequent. As we are all music enthusiasts, I figured there might be some here that might be interested in the headphone side of audio.

The date is January 28th 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM.

There will be a $10 participation fee per person.

This event will take place at a Community Center in Western Springs.

*speaking of donations... Raffle. If anyone has anything they would like to donate to a raffle, please pm me. This can be anything. in the past we have had music, gear, headphone stands, cables, and Kazoos!!! Raffle tickets will be $5 a piece, or 5 for $20. All monies go to the Chicago ChiUniFi budget.

**Music exchange table - if you have a cd/lp you would like to pass along, I will set up an exchange table. bring something, take home something else. Fun way to find something new. Please dont bring your garbage. and don't bring stuff to sell at this table.

I have included the details below, please take a minute to read ALL of it. Please post in this thread and let me know if you are coming, and what gear you will be bringing along. Bringing gear is not a requirement. I will do my best to update the thread so we know who and what will be present. Or, someone else can do it. hint hint.

I have not set up any kind of snacks or drinks. If someone is willing to bring or pick something up, we can make space for it. A bit of a pot luck if you will. we don't need much of course. maybe some water, pop, chips, whatever. You don't have to bring anything.

Who: Midwest audio peeps
What: Headphone Meet!
When: Saturday January 28th, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Where: 4211 Grand Ave, Western Springs, IL

HOW TO FIND THE ROOM (yes, I will make signs along your path)
1. Park in the free parking lot, and enter doors that are right off the lot
2. get in the elevator and take it to the 2nd floor
3. exit elevator, walk up the ramp to your left, and go through the door directly in front of you.
4. You will now be in a hallway. walk straight, and take the 2nd hallway on your right. there will be a sign that says "SENIOR CENTER" Go there.
5. If you hit the girls bathroom, you've gone too far. turn around.
6. Welcome.

Other:
-Please bring extension cords and power strips if you have them. There are outlets here, but they are awkwardly placed.
-YES, the meet is easily accessible by train. The Metra drops you off right in downtown Western Springs. The meet location is only a few suburban blocks away. Very easy walk, or you can arrange to be picked up by one of us. Not me.

IMPORTANT!!
Following the event, if anyone is interested, there is a great pub 2.5 miles away in LaGrange. excellent beer and food selections. I plan on going there for a burger and a beer, and I hate to drink alone, so please join me. Yes, its all ages as well. This can often be the best part of a meet!

http://www.palmerslagrange.com

Love to attend, Keith. But am busy that weekend along with all of the foreseeable weekends either finishing my garage or working on my daughter's wedding. Thanks for the invite.

Headphone enthusiasts bring their awesome headphones, amps, dacs, cables, etc to a central location. Everyone sets up their own rigs, and listens to each others stuff, talk about music, gear, whatever, etc. You can put your headphones on someone elses amp to see how it sounds. you can try different combinations, or just dig on someones setup that costs more then your car.

often, we have vendors who attend to showcase their newest stuff. other vendors will send gear they want to be checked out.
its a good time. a room full of people rocking out, and you can still have a conversation.

"I have not set up any kind of snacks or drinks.
If someone is willing to bring or pick something up, we can make space for it.
A bit of a pot luck if you will. we don't need much of course. maybe some water, pop, chips, whatever.
You don't have to bring anything."

That's fine "Keithpgdrb"

Back
Top Bottom