china-hifi-audio.com reliability

Oh, since you are so well informed (and I am sure experienced) why don't you enlight us sharing the names of such wonderful and reliable Suppliers?

I believe that is the intention of this blog.

At least that was mine.

Prime Amp is the name of the reputable seller. That's where I bought my 2nd and 3rd amp after the creep. Obviously the green shipping box was doubled up and done properly. This brings a difference with not just customers or any receiver of the package that it was done and sent with pride. I'll inform you where the site is when I get back from work.
Thanks,

Attachments

• chinahifi shipping.jpg
    chinahifi shipping.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Prime amp shipping.jpg
    Prime amp shipping.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
14666220_1043031879139394_921731547042587165_n.jpg 14900451_1043032102472705_2330898648168832190_n.jpg 14907200_1043032029139379_5826310988456335345_n.jpg 14925236_1043031892472726_3150420768932775626_n.jpg 14938146_1043032009139381_5566847538627838345_n.jpg 14938260_1043031935806055_3513273372958940802_n.jpg

Thank you for your advice.

May I kindly ask you about their Web Site since nothing comes out from Google looking for Prime Amp.

By the way, I am attaching here some pictures about the shipment, double boxes on the preamp indeed and everything came (as you can see) carefully packed (the speaker cable in fact came in a very beautiful box) so I will gladly accept your advice about Prime Amp (I still cannot find them on the Internet)

Last edited:
I have made many attempts to get a hold of the seller with no luck. I have tried reaching seller with 3 different emails in Chinese traditional,Chinese standard, and English. I found a thread forum of members complaining that the seller takes your money and fails to deliver product, that's exactly what happened to me. I really wanted this amplifier, I did not mind waiting as long as I received the item I paid for in working condition. I truly do not understand why it is so hard to respond to emails, this is a issue the seller admitted 5+ years ago! for freaking gods sake it's 2017! You still cannot respond to buyers spending a ton of money. it takes literally 30 seconds to send a response just to confirm you are a human doing legit business. I'm really upset, I waited weeks and now PayPal is trying to get me my money back. Also, The seller is trying to send me $30 less than I paid! So it costs $30 to just issue a refund?! I doubt I will ever see my money again. I will put this experience on YouTube and let the world know not to be fooled like I did! FYI, The seller deletes negative reviews that is why it is all 5 stars reviews! I tried to leave negative review and the site would not allow it or let me publish anything less than 5 stars! if you google China-hifi-audio fraud you will find many threads of exactly this. I cannot figure out if PayPal knows the site is fraudulent with a lot of complaints, why do they allow people to still do business with them!? I will find all the old posts and update them of how recent someone was scammed by this company. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID SEND THIS COMPANY YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY, YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN !!!
if I would have read this before buying I would have never went through with sending my $700 to this scam artist. I would not believe the old posts saying its legit, maybe 5 years ago it might have been but not in 2017. I waited weeks you guys and was patient as everyone said to wait it takes awhile yada yada etc. I was fine with waiting but after weeks of zero communication I asked PayPal to help get my money back.

I have made many attempts to get a hold of the seller with no luck. I have tried reaching seller with 3 different emails in Chinese traditional,Chinese standard, and English. I found a thread forum of members complaining that the seller takes your money and fails to deliver product, that's exactly what happened to me. I really wanted this amplifier, I did not mind waiting as long as I received the item I paid for in working condition. I truly do not understand why it is so hard to respond to emails, this is a issue the seller admitted 5+ years ago! for freaking gods sake it's 2017! You still cannot respond to buyers spending a ton of money. it takes literally 30 seconds to send a response just to confirm you are a human doing legit business. I'm really upset, I waited weeks and now PayPal is trying to get me my money back. Also, The seller is trying to send me $30 less than I paid! So it costs $30 to just issue a refund?! I doubt I will ever see my money again. I will put this experience on YouTube and let the world know not to be fooled like I did! FYI, The seller deletes negative reviews that is why it is all 5 stars reviews! I tried to leave negative review and the site would not allow it or let me publish anything less than 5 stars! if you google China-hifi-audio fraud you will find many threads of exactly this. I cannot figure out if PayPal knows the site is fraudulent with a lot of complaints, why do they allow people to still do business with them!? I will find all the old posts and update them of how recent someone was scammed by this company. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID SEND THIS COMPANY YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY, YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN !!!
if I would have read this before buying I would have never went through with sending my $700 to this scam artist. I would not believe the old posts saying its legit, maybe 5 years ago it might have been but not in 2017. I waited weeks you guys and was patient as everyone said to wait it takes awhile yada yada etc. I was fine with waiting but after weeks of zero communication I asked PayPal to help get my money back.

This is Yong Lee from China-hifi-audio.com.
Thanks audiokarma.org forum let me post this explain at first, audiokarma.org is a very great hifi forum.

I am sorry for the delay, Delay to answer Michael's email, and too late to find these post.

The order was made on Nov 12, 2017, Michael send an email to ask how long will it take to ship the product at Nov 17, 2017.
Usually the 120V items need to takes 7-14 business days to order at Factory, we post this at the web site.
Once a buyer ask again about the shipping time, it need a exact date, I think. so, then Yong Lee asked the Factroy about the time, and Factory don't answer.
So, Yong Lee have to wait the date from Factory.
At the same time, Michael found this web site about the bad feedback between October 2015 and Feb 2016, so, Michael was worried and post this bad feedback too.
Then Michael send the 2nd email on Nov 19, 2017. Yong Lee know Michael was worried, at the same time, Yong Lee get the exact date from Factory and answer email on Nov 19.
At last, Yong Lee send the goods at Nov 27,
Michael get the Music Angel M9 tube amp on Dec 5, and love it.
Michael is very kind.

I learn something from this order, too.
Sometimes, the buyers ask something, usually, I need to get the answer from Factroy. I have to wait, but the buyers don't know this, buyers get worried.
So, any questions, I will answer the email at the first time.

I contacted Michael yesterday, but still have not get a reply.
This time, I understand the the feeling about buyers waiting for the answer from me. I feel bad, I sorry for the late emails.
I am not sure if Michael's email still work. so, post this explain at first.
There is 2 pictures will post about the order and the email from Michael on Dec 5, 2017.
I am not sure if the email can be posted because of the privacy policy even I have removed the full name of Michael, and remove the full email address.

Another thing, the admin email don't work well with YAHOO and Apple emails sometimes. I just found this these few monthes, so, if some important email, if have not get answer from buyers, I have to resend the email from my hotmail, I hope buyers don't blame the double emails.

I will post a explain and make an apology about the bad feedback between October 2015 and Feb 2016 later.

TIM120180929110853.jpg

TIM220180929110657.jpg

This is Yong Lee from China-hifi-Audio.com
I am sorry for the negative feedback between October 2015 and Feb 2016. Sorry for the delay.

There were some other orders were delay because I was ill between October 2015 and Feb 2016 too, we refunded the full money or sent the goods with a part refund or a small gift to my buyers before the end of March 2016.

Ah, I think I finished all the orders, if anyone have not received the item or have not received the refund, please send email to china-hifi-audio.com@hotmail.com, we keep all the sale recording and all the emails.

Sorry for these orders.

I was ill between October 2015 and Feb 2016, I got a serious cervical spondylosis and dizzy.
Some orders have not been sent in time.
I feel very sorry.
I have sold hifi audio since 2007, and get very good feedback before Oct 2015.
The 4 monthes I lost all the reputation, and the reputation is very important for electronic business at web. I say reputation is my life very often, but I lost it.

I have tried my best to re-build the reputation in these two and a half years.
It is not easy, I have tried my best these 2 years, and will so on.

I built an e-commerce company and have a team on May 2018.
Thanks botrytis's post, I will list my address, phone number, email address at my store.

We will try our best to list more good hifi audio items for the audiophile and will provide the best service.

BTW, I am health now. The cervical spondylosis has gone. It needs a good doctor and sport, sport is important.

Sorry for the delay orders, sorry for the late explain.

Thanks for everyone. thanks for my buyers and visitors.

I wish everyone and your family good health and happiness.

Hi folks,
Apologies in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place.
I was planning to invest a sizable sum to buy some gear from china-hifi-audio.com. Wondering if the site is legit or a scam. That is, are purchases at the site respected and do goods paid for really arrive?
Has anyone ordered anything from here and had it delivered safely to their home?
Now I am not talking about the quality of the components (i am willing to tinker and tweak a bit once i get my hands on it) but rather whether the thing does get delivered at all. I have read horror stories about people loosing their money to some other dealers who - once the payment was done, just disappeared.
Thanks in advance.
DarkSide

Just received a XiangSheng 728A Vacuum Tube Pre-Amplifier fro m China Hi Fi and it took about 3 weeks to arrive.
Initial communication was poor and the shipping times on the site over promised and under delivered.
But when I plugged my preamp in all was forgotten -for $300 US (including shipping) I was getting sound way better than anything $1000 or more, this thing makes music not just sound!
You got to cut these guys some slack here.
Thank You Yong Lee!
Regards
Nick Taylor
New Zealand

I plan on making an order soon with Yong Lee from China-hifi-audio for some Line Magnetic products. Every time so far that I have emailed and asked a question regarding products, he has replied very promptly and friendly. The website is very nice and user friendly especially compared to aliexpress. Thank you Mr. Lee and look forward to doing business with you soon. I will update this post when I make my order and receive the merchandise.

I plan on making an order soon with Yong Lee from China-hifi-audio for some Line Magnetic products. Every time so far that I have emailed and asked a question regarding products, he has replied very promptly and friendly. The website is very nice and user friendly especially compared to aliexpress. Thank you Mr. Lee and look forward to doing business with you soon. I will update this post when I make my order and receive the merchandise.
You do know that it looks very suspicious that you would register as a member on this site just to make this post, don’t you?

I guess that is understandable. I am just getting into the tube world for the first time and have been scouring over the internet the last week reading many forums and came across this post. The Line Magnetic brand seems to be extremely well built and affordable. Just thought I would share my dealings thus far with the company. I surely can't afford to pay U.S. prices for this equipment.

I just happened onto this thread. Although I do not post often I am a member of several audio forums that I am active with and have been a member of this site for several years. I'm in my mid 70's and have been dealing with eBay sellers...including Prime Amp, Tubestein, both good sellers and Douk Audio (yuk!).... and with the site in question here...China-hifi-audio. My first experience with them ( or Yong Lee ) was many years ago when MingDa first came out with it's MC134AB, an integrated or power amp with 4 EL34's per channel and a separate power supply they called the "Humpty". It was also sold by Pacific Stereo when they were in business, but for $1000 more than offered on Mr. Lee's site. I made the purchase and a couple of weeks later the amplifier arrived, in good shape and after swapping out some questionable caps the amp was a winner in my opinion.
MingDa has evolved incredibly since then. They started out as a transformer company and evolved into an audio equipment manufacturer and since then has received numerous awards for their products. The quality has increased greatly...( as have the prices ) and now they are considered one of the best "high end" stereo companies in China.
Anyway...back to my original point. I recently became interested in one of MingDa's newest amps...the MC368-B150 which is an integrated amp running a quad of KT150's and has a legitimate output of more than 150 watts per channel and can be used as an integrated amp or a power amp with the flip of a switch. The chassis is made from a milled out solid block of aluminum and is a formidable amplifier weighing in at well over 60 lbs and comes with Tung Sol tubes and PS Vane "light bulb" 6SN7's.
Mr. Lee's price on the unit was more than $500 less than any seller on eBay including the shipping which was promised to be either Fed Ex or DHL Express....about a week's time.
Since I had already had a good experience in the past with the company I placed an order after several pleasant email exchanges with Mr. Lee. I had asked about other models and features and he took the time to contact MingDa direct for the answers. After making my decision I placed my order. I was told that because of a specific voltage that I wanted for the unit it would take several days for the factory to comply and then another 2 days for a "burn in" by them at which point they would ship it to him and he would then ship to me. In all the total time for this was going to take about 2 weeks including the DHL express shipping time. I used a credit card to pay a Pay Pal invoice that Mr, Lee had sent to me. I do this with any major purchase that I make.
Every step of the way I was kept informed by Mr. Lee and within 2 weeks...plus or minus a few days...( I didn't keep an exact time table) my amplifier arrived to me. I live near Atlanta, Ga. It came in two large boxes which I did not expect...one with the amplifier alone and the other with the tubes, tube cage, all kinds of brochures from Mingda and the nice heavy solid block feeling aluminum remote.
Despite not having had time for the caps to break in yet...or the tubes... this amp kicks butt, and it sounds great! I'm used to my old Mac 240 and my McShane type modded Heathkit W6A's and a HK Citation 2 which to date are the finest sounding amps I own after owning mostly tube power amplifiers for 50+ years and now producing my own tube preamplifiers.
I documented photos of the packages as they were received (as I always do for insurance purposes) and don't know how many I can post here, but will attach as many as allowed.
I do not doubt that some might have had issues in the past with this company and can only speak from my own experiences, but with an almost 15 year spread between purchases from them, both went without a hitch and I would not hesitate to order from them again...especially with savings of more than $500-$700 over the best prices I could find from any seller on eBay for the same unit.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 26
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Advert??

what new member writes out a review like that?

if it’s seriously a real post from a 75 year old, then holy shit man, you post like a 39 year old!!

Thank you! No advert at all... My real name is listed here. Google me for the IMDB database on me. I spent 37 years in the film industry doing special effects and pyro work...on Pirates of the Caribbean, Transformers, the first Fast and Furious, Galaxy quest and many more all the way back to the original Battlestar Galactica with Lorne Green. Before that I was with IBM for 10 years...4 of which were leave of absence to be in the service and spend a year in Viet Nam. I'm 74 years old and still wire on amps almost daily. Being literate does not mean that you have to be young...just the opposite in my opinion!
I make my own tube preamplifiers and our website if I wanted to advertise is www.tenoctaveaudio.com You can see my profile and a recent photo there in the "about us" section....and yes... I still feel like a 39 year old! I appreciate the compliment!!
You can also check the Carversound audio forum under fxbill which is my username there.
PS... If any of you know Mike Samra... a well known technician who also lives in Michigan, ask him about me. I've been friends with him for well over 20 years on the Citationsound Yahoo group. He posts regularly on many sites, including Jim McShane's site where he modded a McIntosh with Russian K40 PIO caps and McShane's power supply kits.
PPS... This is me with my buddy, about 10 years ago or so after filming the first Transformers.

Attachments

• Transformer1.jpg
    Transformer1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience with the aforementioned vendor. I often peruse the gear from China on ebay, but never take the plunge.
Kind regards,
Bob

I think it's wise to check feedback on eBay sellers and certainly not all of their equipment from China is of quality. I've had my most trouble with Douk Audio, but they too have grown and perhaps some of their products are better now, but dealing with them was extremely difficult for me and it took months to resolve an issue with a burned power transformer in a unit purchased from them. It was advertised as new and yet I received a unit that still had the return slip in it from another buyer as well as having a burned transformer. This may not be the general rule for Chinese sellers, but in my case they offered pennies on the dollar as a settlement and I had to go back and forth with them for quite some time....and involve eBay to finally get resolve. Most of the units from them...and other sellers, especially their little DIY preamplifier kits are junk. The previous poster here who bought the Bewitch (sp?) amp with the quad EL34's per channel got a good amp. I actually wanted one of them myself, but they were out of stock and no longer produced by the time I pulled the trigger on one. Out of the box they're fair, but if you google the unit you can find a post by someone with a blog called "Laminzator" or something to that effect and he made some major mods to one and ended up with a great amp. Carefully researching a unit before purchase is the only way to really know if you're getting a bargain or not....and then you have to take with the grain of salt whether the poster has credibility or not. There are, however, some great deals to be had with the newer Chinese units if you make your choices wisely. I've been rather fortunate with most of my overseas buys and have yet to be bitten without recourse. Although I still prefer vintage US made tube products for most purchases the Chinese made amps in the past decade have come a long, long way from their humble beginnings and in my personal opinion Luxman..( the McIntosh of Japan) and MingDa now produce the best quality equipment available to US buyers. Luxman has always been pricey, but only in the past 10 years or so after wining numerous awards has MingDa increased their prices exponentially.
PS... Just checked out the onlinemart... looks good, although their prices seem a bit high. I paid $100 less for my Yakin MC100B than advertised on their site, but they do seem to offer great service with an extended warranty. That's worth quite a bit in itself.

Back
Top Bottom