Chrome Cast Audio on sale

Discussion in 'PCs & Music Servers' started by Poultrygeist, Jul 11, 2017.

1. protune

protune New Member

I have a CCA, mobile fidelity dac, with external 12v power supply for sale if anybody is interested in seeing how awesome the CCA is with a quality external dac.
    I was floored when I listened to the difference streaming tidal vs the internal cca dac.
    Only reason I'm not using it is I don't subscribe to anything the cca streams anymore and my fire tv amazon music sounds almost as good.

2. Wildcat

Wildcat Spring ain't here... Subscriber

Happy CCA user here. It's on a kitchen system (an older JVC mini system), and it's plenty good for the $25 I spent. If I had it hooked to my main system, I would be using it through the Oppo's DAC. (Instead, I have a first gen Chromecast hooked to an HDMI input on the Oppo, which has worked out to be a perfect way to add audio content to the system with almost no fuss.)

When I upgrade to the Modwright-modded Sonica DAC, I will have to get another CCA, as the Sonica DAC does not have an HDMI input.

3. cubdog

cubdog banging through drywall Subscriber

How did you do this? I've had terrible trouble with CCA.

4. ldatlof

ldatlof We are all steak Subscriber

Wildcat and cubdog like this.
  5. oldboats

oldboats AK Subscriber Subscriber

Just an update, I was grudgingly using the CCA but started to lose the sound's "completeness" like it was closing off the spectrum from both directions over a couple of weeks time. Then suddenly it developed a hum. Shortly after it was only producing some crunchy super low signal junk.
    I suspect that I had a faulty unit and it just died.

6. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Addicted Member

If you got it at BB take it back and if you complain enough they'll likely replace it.

7. oldboats

oldboats AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am now considering building a dedicated source unit. Otherwise I might. I just wanted to be fair and state that my experiences were probably out of the normal parameters.

8. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Addicted Member

To get the most from a CCA it helps to have the highest speed internet and a good router. Once the music starts streaming I've never experienced any lag.

ldatlof likes this.