Cizek speakers model 1 s and subwoofers

thriftyflea

A friend of mine worked for Roy making the woofers and crossovers for the model 1 and 2 and has 3 sets of model ones and TWO of the subwoofers. Yes four drivers in two boxes! along with a pile of peerless tweeters and woofers and crossovers etc etc.... I will be getting them soon when I do I will post pictures including a couple of him in the lab making crossovers and spraying the woofer cones with something.

I figured I would see if anyone has any questions about Cizek speakers in general that they would like me to ask him.

Cool. There are some Cizek fans around so hopefully they will chime in. JKent over at ClassicSPeakerPages is one.

So far I managed to dig out the MG27 Subwoofers and I got two boxes and only two drivers <sigh> well enough to make one good one as I expect the original drivers to be unobtainium based. Still have 3 sets of model ones to dig out. Bonus I found a cool sequencer/synth Triadex The Muse designed by MIT professors while going through his artyfacts :)

Hi, I'm writing from Italy. I saw you are restoring a pair of MG27. I will be really grateful if you will provide some information because i try to do the same restore of my own MG27 pair.
Unfortunately the old owner replaced the voice coils and the spiders of the woofer. In order to rebuild the voice coil will be really useful if you will provide the DC resistance value (checked by a normal Volt/Ohm multimeter tester) of a single woofer of your MG27 pair (when not connected to the crossover).
Event the inductance value of a single woofer checked by an inductance tester will be soo helpful to rebuild my damaged pairs of these great subwoofers.

Will be really great to know also the result of a free air frequency resonance test (very easy to do) of your woofers (when refoamed). From my side actually each driver with the wrong replaced spider and voice coil have a free air resonance frequency of 16HZ.

From my side i strongly suggest to check with the same Volt/Ohm multimeter tester if the dual inverter switch on the back still works properly (because in my pairs can't do anymore the right short circuit)
Thank you for any help you can offer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom