Classical Music Lovers, Heads Up!

Discussion in 'Music Streaming' started by dr*audio, Sep 8, 2015.

1. dr*audio

dr*audio Fish fingers and custard! Subscriber

A few weeks ago, Apollo's Fire, Cleveland's Baroque Orchestra, performed on the BBC Proms and the full performance is being offered for online listening for a limited time here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b065wmsy#play
    Apollo's Fire is a world class, highly acclaimed ensemble so this is a real treat! Get your recorder hooked up to your computer and tune it in. The sound quality is excellent.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Pioneer Vir

Pioneer Vir AK Subscriber Subscriber

Nice...! Thank-you for the post!

Don

3. JimSwaz

JimSwaz Active Member

I checked it out and I like it. Now the only problem I have is I have not recorded anything for decades. Can I capture this to my Mac or do I need to hook up,an external device? Any suggestions?

4. BillyBatts

BillyBatts ALOHA! Subscriber

I use an attenuating cord, mini jact to RCA, and simply record from my Chromebook Headphone OUT jact to my Reel 2 Reel or Cassette if I feel the need to capture a stream. But there are MANY ways to skin this cat, especially digitally.

Google "How to record youtube music" to get yourself started.

OP:
    OUTSTANDING MUSIC! A Cleveland, Ohio Orchestra in the UK. They sound fantastic.

THANK YOU!

5. dr*audio

You can use Audacity or a program like it to record it on the comuter. Set the input on the recording software to "soundcard output."
    Glad you guys like this! They are just top notch artists!

6. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Well-Known Member

It is gone now.

7. dr*audio

I did say it was for a limited time. I recorded it, but I did not make a direct digital copy; I recorded it to DAT. If I have time I will transfer to digital and put it up somewhere for download.