Cocktail Audio???

Tragic59

I tried a search and came up empty. Does anyone here have any experience with Cocktail Audio's digital music servers?

http://www.cocktailaudio.com/home.html

They have most of what I think I am looking for in a digital music server. One stop shopping for ripping, storing and streaming. Most of their products have an amplifier section, which I have no use for. And I wish they had a wider variety of streaming services. I love Pandora and that is not supported.

I think I am most interested in the X12, if anyone has feedback on that specific model.

Or, I would love to get recommendations from you guys for other music servers that might be a better fit. Or that you have had good experiences with.

I am pretty much a caveman, so it has to be an off the shelf, all in one kind of a set-up.

Thanks!

I'm bumping this up because I, too, am interested in an all-in-one digital solution. Looking for something to convert all my CDs, LPs, and tapes to FLAC as well as organize and store at least 2T of files, with artwork, and stream them through my whole house network or play them back through my two channel audiophile system. I find few have everything I'm looking for, they typically lack analog inputs or storage capability. I don't need an amp nor want to build a pc to do this and am willing to spend up to $5K.

We saw and heard one of these at our SMAC meet last Sunday at a local stereo Emporium. Quite an impressive "swiss army knife" type machine.

It was interesting when we connected one of my hard drives filled with DSD files and it immediately recognized the files and started to play the selected recording.

The guy that had the event does not hang out on AK but he is in SMAC, I know him personally, and he is a great person to talk audio with.

I could put you in touch via PM it you are interested.

Last edited:
Thanks. I posted a new thread specifically looking for info on the X40 on the general digital server forum as this is the route I am likely to go.

Back
Top Bottom