Coffee. Anything coffee related.

rxonmymind

I thought it would be fun to have a mixed topic of coffee related post. Pics of your coffee houses, cups, beans, coffee shots while on vacation from the beach, mountains, liquor mixed etc.

My wife & I meet twelve years ago at work and decided to invite her out on a coffee run to Starbucks. Many cups later, kids, grandkids, houses and a wonderful wife that supports my audio hobby I can say that was the BEST cup ever served.
My daughter now eight was a regular there since newborn and I'm pretty sure her her third word was Starbucks.:biggrin: Right after delivery my wife demanded good coffee! Drove quick to Starbucks to get her that and needed one myself being up for 20+ hrs.
Well in the here and now our Mr. Coffee machine broke after eight solid years of service. It brewed a decent cup of coffee. No complaints here. Having said that I'm glad to try a new one I've been eyeing for many, many years...
51eEb0lGZSL._SY400_.jpg
Technivorm.
Supposedly the king of the hill type coffee maker. We'll see. I'm not a coffee snob and as long as it's quality beans and HOT I'm good to go. Although I do like my iced coffee once in awhile.
One of my favorite coffee houses. Temple coffee.
IMG_20130407_084031_370.jpg
IMG_20130407_084043_892.jpg

Cheers!

Perhaps you should better have started your thread in the "Cooking & Spirits" forum. ;)

Maybe a mod is ready to move it.

Very nice post anyway! :)

Thought about that but "spirits" is alcohol isn't it?
Anyway, while perusing the CL add came across a used but in excellent condition Starbucks Verisimo V583 espresso machine.
images.jpg

Cranked out couple shots and it's gold. A nice change up from time to time. My work horse will be the coffee maker. This is for the weekends.

Oh yea.... After fi I live coffee......

Current coffee wall

11-16-2015_coffee-wall2_zpsscfpmvcw.jpg

AND...

I roast too.....

9-22-2015_new_cart3_zpslv36j3yu.jpg

I thought it would be fun to have a mixed topic of coffee related post. Pics of your coffee houses, cups, beans, coffee shots while on vacation from the beach, mountains, liquor mixed etc.

My wife & I meet twelve years ago at work and decided to invite her out on a coffee run to Starbucks. Many cups later, kids, grandkids, houses and a wonderful wife that supports my audio hobby I can say that was the BEST cup ever served.
My daughter now eight was a regular there since newborn and I'm pretty sure her her third word was Starbucks.:biggrin: Right after delivery my wife demanded good coffee! Drove quick to Starbucks to get her that and needed one myself being up for 20+ hrs.
Well in the here and now our Mr. Coffee machine broke after eight solid years of service. It brewed a decent cup of coffee. No complaints here. Having said that I'm glad to try a new one I've been eyeing for many, many years...

Technivorm.
Supposedly the king of the hill type coffee maker. We'll see. I'm not a coffee snob and as long as it's quality beans and HOT I'm good to go. Although I do like my iced coffee once in awhile.
One of my favorite coffee houses. Temple coffee.

Cheers!

Yes coffee=life I am a very bad man, I insisted on stopping for a cup of joe on the way to the hospital when my wife went into labor with our first child... :crazy::biggrin:

Grind my own. Drip with a Cuisinart that's still holding up alright.
Rx, did you get the Technivorm? I'm very interested in hearing your first-hand opinion of it.
I used to drink coffee all day and slept like a baby... until I went a day without and it was horrible (headache). I didn't like the dependency so I switch to decaf some time ago. Still has just enough caffeine for me. Cream and honey if you got it. Blacks ok. Chocolate? Hell yeah!

Did yah here about the fungus or mold that is plaguing the coffee industry? Seems allot of the growers are having problems. Funny the things you don't hear on the news (blues).....

Yes coffee=life I am a very bad man, I insisted on stopping for a cup of joe on the way to the hospital when my wife went into labor with our first child... :crazy::biggrin:
Lol! My wife said I did the same. I have no recollection of that. Pleading the fifth.:deal:

Grind my own. Drip with a Cuisinart that's still holding up alright.
Rx, did you get the Technivorm? I'm very interested in hearing your first-hand opinion of it.
I used to drink coffee all day and slept like a baby... until I went a day without and it was horrible (headache). I didn't like the dependency so I switch to decaf some time ago. Still has just enough caffeine for me. Cream and honey if you got it. Blacks ok. Chocolate? Hell yeah!
Bob
It'll be here Saturday and I'll be sure to report back by next week after I fine tune it.
I'm all for chocolate flavored coffee. Natural that is. I've had some that you'd swear it was chocolate in it. That rich. I've only ran into that a few time.bit when I did made a U-turn and got a second cup.
I'll get back to this thread on the Technivorm.

Anyone here recommend a coffee machine for around $150-$200? Must have a program setting, our current one is getting on a bit. Not interested in one of those pod things.

Last edited:
AND...

I roast too.....

9-22-2015_new_cart3_zpslv36j3yu.jpg

Nice setup. I roast too, but not quite like that. I use a West Bend Air Popper with a PWM heat control system I rigged up. LOL. It works fairly well though, but small batches as you'd imagine.

Out of curiosity what does a rig like that run, not counting the computer?

Currently using a Bunn Phase Brew. Makes a good cup but it's noisy. Sounds like Mt. Vesuvius is about to erupt as the water comes up to temp.

57913-bunn-phase-brew-box.jpg

I'd really like to try a Bunn Trifecta, but not sure I want one bad enough to shell out the coin.

41RgoQ%2BfBDL._SY300_.jpg

I'm looking to replace my tiring burr grinder. Does anyone have any recommendations? Looking to spend up to $100, but I'm willing to go higher for a notably better model.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom