Coincidence - First Post - First Real Sub-woofer

oldflame

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Greetings all, I'm grateful to have found this site and its audio family, today. It looks so good that I joined.

The quest for better bass began my audio journey in the 1960's and should be satisfied, these many decades later, when the truck delivers a genuine, non home-made, sub later today. I recently went full-circle and back to tubes with a turntable upgrade. (the old Dual 1219 will be relegated to 78 rpm duty in the basement system)

Thanks for enduring me.

oldflame

Last edited:
Hi oldflame and welcome to AK. Sounds like you have a great system coming together. Enjoy your audio journey.

Thanks, all,for the warm welcome.

hnash53, my new "real" - not home-made - sub is an SVS Ultra 16. Woo Hoo! It's an improvement without being broken in. I wonder how much time 90dB of bass will take to loosen up the thick rubber surround. This may be my last significant audio purchase unless I get $$$ lucky and can spend foolish amounts. I consider myself unbelievably fortunate to have assembled a Stereophile class "C~B" system, even though it's taken until retirement to do so.

Having gotten on the audio bandwagon before "perfectionist" equipment existed, when a good stereo was almost as important as a girl friend and car, I've witnessed the great decline of folks who care what their music sounds like, or have more than a boombox. I'm so happy to have stumbled my way here!

Back
Top Bottom