Complete 70s AKAI System

The blackfaced AKAI look pretty badass :D

thanks, took a few years to find everything, only missing still are the sw-175 speakers :(

47d8195e653ffb2b68de8eaf7238fffe.jpg

Old thread bump. I found a pair of these in a thrift for $10 last week. The cabinets are a little beat up so I am just going to do the best I can with them, as the corners need to be rebuilt. I will probably just paint them as faux wood as I have done in the past, and possibly have them re-veneered one day if I like them. If I lived in Belgium I would happily donate them to you in order to complete your system.

I like your Akai setup! The only other Akai piece I have is an AA-1150. It's a beautiful receiver (one of the prettiest I've ever seen actually) but I get the feeling mine could use a recap.

Old thread bump. I found a pair of these in a thrift for $10 last week. The cabinets are a little beat up so I am just going to do the best I can with them, as the corners need to be rebuilt. I will probably just paint them as faux wood as I have done in the past, and possibly have them re-veneered one day if I like them. If I lived in Belgium I would happily donate them to you in order to complete your system.

I like your Akai setup! The only other Akai piece I have is an AA-1150. It's a beautiful receiver (one of the prettiest I've ever seen actually) but I get the feeling mine could use a recap.
You,re Lucky !

I'm Selling the entire set, need the space and money for further renovations on the house.

Decided to keep it, would be a waste to sell it after 4 years of collecting.
And it's just too beautiful :D
I also sold my Bose 901 and got my restored SW-135 set out of storage and fitted stainless steel feet.
Right now got rid of the CD-32 because its never been used and test fitted the AP006 and it fits snug.
Trying to get a pull-out drawer for it but its really difficult, if i get that right i am another step closer the ultimate 70s akai cabinet.

2zrmjci.jpg

jjsr5e.jpg

Still on the hunt for the holy grail 750D, the very last 70s akai deck, this should be in place of my 730D. But they are too expensive.
akai_gxc-750d_front.jpg

And the speakers that just can't be found.
SW-180 with wood grille..
$(KGrHqVHJEgFCjecK7fnBQysyqGwD!~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
As of today the 70s akai set is complete so here is the thread :music:

Although i am beginning to doubt if the little rack can hold the weight :D
It is too much for the little rack, the TT is at eye-level.
If I can find a nice vintage wheeled side table, then the tape deck will be moved out.
Maybe replaced by a 630d

A first quick pic:

287m78h.jpg
Do you have Akai speakers also?

I also sold my Bose 901 and got my restored SW-135 set out of storage and fitted stainless steel feet.
Right now got rid of the CD-32 because its never been used and test fitted the AP006 and it fits snug.
Trying to get a pull-out drawer for it but its really difficult, if i get that right i am another step closer the ultimate 70s akai cabinet.

2zrmjci.jpg

jjsr5e.jpg

Still on the hunt for the holy grail 750D, the very last 70s akai deck, this should be in place of my 730D. But they are too expensive.
akai_gxc-750d_front.jpg

Just got a pair of SW-180 for $20 on Offerup!!!

Can't wait till its all setup im my new house, iv put 12 gauge speaker wire in pvc tubing in the wall and got wall sockets with gold plated screw in connectors. Then need to fabricate some wood speaker stands.
Update.
DIY sliding shelf for the turntable ! I love it.
Hi SX550. That is an awesome setup. I am just starting to learn about Akai components. What are the differences between the 730, 750, and 760 models?
Thanks.

2ijqesy.jpg

2nu13qv.jpg

2zrmjci.jpg

jjsr5e.jpg

akai_gxc-750d_front.jpg

Hi SX550, I am not sure what happened on my last reply, must have hit a couple wrong buttons, sorry. Your system is awesome. I am just starting to learn about the Akai line. Can you tell me what the differences are between the 730, 750 & 760 models?
Thanks.
Larry

Hi SX550, I am not sure what happened on my last reply, must have hit a couple wrong buttons, sorry. Your system is awesome. I am just starting to learn about the Akai line. Can you tell me what the differences are between the 730, 750 & 760 models?
Thanks.
Larry

Looks like you quoted a whole bunch of my posts :)

The cassette decks look similar but:

The 730 is very big and heavy at 12kg , its has the oldskool mechanical piano keys that you really have to push down to make them work and its party piece is auto-reverse, meaning it plays both sides of the tape automatically without you having to flip the tape.
To me this thing was a nightmare to service.

The 760 is smaller and a bit lighter, its much nicer as it has electronic buttons that even have their own color light, but it does have no auto-reverse which is actually a good thing ;)

The 750 is again lighter but has smaller electronic buttons and some other functions have move around the front panel. But do generally the same as the 760.

My fav is the 760 :) its just looks like the perfect vintage cassette deck.

More AKAI !

Finally a good MM-62 showed up and I got a deal with the seller to put in 2 acm-200 micrphones in with it.
Its all looks like its never been out of the packaging...
2qjb1a9.jpg

More AKAI !

Finally a good MM-62 showed up and I got a deal with the seller to put in 2 acm-200 micrphones in with it.
Its all looks like its never been out of the packaging...
2qjb1a9.jpg
More Akai!!!...Got for $20!!! On offerup!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 34
I just killed myself after losing another set of on the dutch marktplaats.nl
Do i really need to quit my job and stare endlessly at the internet untill i find them ? :(

Back
Top Bottom