Condiments you swear by....

Johnno_Oz

W-a-y down south
Subscriber
I have condiments, lots of 'em. Collect and use them like my albums, some I'll try once a year others I'll use weekly. Thought I'd start a thread for any other condiment connoisseurs out there.

Here are some of my favorites.

Kewpie Mayonnaise: Japanese egg mayonnaise with some added MSG to enhance the flavor. I go through a bottle of this a week.

kewpie-mayonnaise.jpg

Tabasco Sauce Original: Bought the large Costco version and I'm half way through it. Fermented chile sauce with some sourness and salt. Habanero version is good too.

ING-tabasco-sauce_sql.jpg

Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque Sauce: Great on ribs and smoked chicken wings. Loaded with American "High Fructose Corn Syrup"....for that extra sugar rush.

Honey-Barbecue.aspx

Lea and Perrins: Worcestershire Sauce. Tamarind, anchovies, molasses and other ingredients aged in wooden casks in old Blighty. Great on bacon and eggs.
14-8-27-lea-perrins-300-450.jpg

Linghams Chilli Sauce: From Singapore. Some countries have labels that proclaim "The world's finest multi use condiment.". Sweet chilli sauce without the seeds. Not too hot but warm enough.

lingham_chilli_sauce.jpg

Blair's Mega Death: I visited a local steak house and asked for some sort of HOT tex mex dish. Asked for a bottle of Tabasco as it was way too mild. Manager came over and brought out of his private stash of Blair's. OUTSTANDING. Dave Mustaine would approve. Ordered some online that night.

deathsauce_mega.jpg

Keep 'em rollin'.

There is only one ketchup and that is Heinz (sorry, I'm from PA), Pickles must be Vlassic. Mayo must be Hellman's. Peanut butter must be JIF--just one of those things. I use both Tabasco and Frank's RedHot, and I actually like the Frank's better--a hair less heat and a little more vinegar. And I need to go out into the kitchen to see what brand this Wasabi paste in the toothpaste tube that I buy all of the time--I just know what it is and buy it.

For me, it's Del Monte Ketchup, Gulden's Mustard, Hellman's Canola Mayo and Pickles from The Pickle Guys.
Other than that, I use China Lily Soy Sauce from Canada because it's real Soy and no wheat and El Yucatero or Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally hot sauce.

Condiments.jpg

There is only one ketchup and that is Heinz (sorry, I'm from PA), Pickles must be Vlassic. Mayo must be Hellman's. Peanut butter must be JIF--just one of those things. I use both Tabasco and Frank's RedHot, and I actually like the Frank's better--a hair less heat and a little more vinegar. And I need to go out into the kitchen to see what brand this Wasabi paste in the toothpaste tube that I buy all of the time--I just know what it is and buy it.

We must have gone to different schools together.... I agree with all of your choices ! In my kitchen, you can add Sriracha, white pepper, sea salt, Kosher salt, sweet paprika, and Tony Chachere`s Creole Seasoning to the list. Once in a while, I`ll go out hunting for new things, and come home with something like this:

Lottie`s hot sauce.jpg

This is the stuff. It goes into most everything.

Enjoy,
Rich P

71WL044qnlL._SL1500_.jpg

Folks are complaining about not having big pictures. Here's a big picture.

I like these two on pork, chicken or ribs.
Gettin' hungry just looking at these. The Walkerswood you gotta be a bit careful with. Doesn't take much.

walkerswood.jpg HH-DinosaurBBQ-SSBBQS.jpg

This is the stuff. It goes into most everything.

That's Thai Nam Pla relabeled as Vietnamese Nuoc Mam. Try to find real Vietnamese Mui Ne for cooking and Red Boat for dipping (too good to cook with).

I've been using Hunt's ketchup. Less sugar and NO HFCS. It's entirely sweet enough and has a nice tomatoey flavor.

We must have gone to different schools together.... I agree with all of your choices ! In my kitchen, you can add Sriracha, white pepper, sea salt, Kosher salt, sweet paprika, and Tony Chachere`s Creole Seasoning to the list. Once in a while, I`ll go out hunting for new things, and come home with something like this:
]

I think you're right, because I have the Sriracha, white pepper, sea salt (in a grinder) and Kosher salt too. No sweet paprika, but I have the regular and the hot Hungarian. I use a lot of Montreal Steak seasoning as well.

Like you, I'm open to trying different off-the-wall stuff too, as long as it is not $10 a bottle or jar. There is a local farmer near me that sells hot garlic--his family has grown garlic and hot peppers in the same patch of ground for well over 50 years, so the garlic ends up with a bite to it--quite good for pasta sauces.

Lots of great condiments shown.
One of my favs can be bought, but in recent years, I make my own. Pure, hot Chile Powders. A couple of types always sit on my kitchen table 365 days, and some others I've made and store in glass Ball Jars.

One is a basic pure Habanero, and another I commonly use is a blend-combination of many Chile Peppers together, Habanero, Cayenne, Hot Banana, Sweet Banana, or Hot Hungarian Wax.

I usually slice them in half, lightly salt, and dehydrate in a small Convection Oven for a number of hours on very low heat 125-150 degrees F.

Then once fully dry, into an Oster Blender they go, pulverized into a powder, and into a couple of Salt Shakers. The rest gets stored in the Ball Jars for future use.

Great on so many things, add as little, or as much as you like to soups, stews, chili, vegatables, tomato-V8 juice, etc.

I use these on a lot of things, and if you mix the two together, you get a great dipping sauce (especially for pot stickers!)

MaePloy_zpsokdp1rkz.jpg

Srirarcha_zpsxvrcuuqf.jpg

This has become my favorite thing lately, but unfortunately I can only get it from my sister-in-law's area in Pollock Pines
b65311e2-6d9e-42ac-a242-988336f5437f_zpsqh0gxuex.jpg

CRAZY good barbecue sauce that literally is great on everything!

Heinz ketchup
Hellman's mayo
Gulden's Spicy Brown mustard
Huy Fong sriracha
Lea & Perrins worcestershire
Daisy sour cream
Hidden Valley ranch
Tabasco (regular)
Lowry's seasoning salt
Fresh ground Tellicherry black pepper
Fleur de sel
Original Juan garlic hot sauce