Condiments you swear by....

pepper.jpg

Kampot black pepper from Cambodia. The brownish one in the foreground is da bomb. Incredibly complex and nuanced, it will ruin any other black pepper for you the first time you taste it. It was the standard pepper for top-end French chefs for more than a century until the Khmer Rouge murdered all of the pepper farmers. Only about 70 tons a year are exported today. It costs about $65 a pound in the US but I brought back a kilo from a plantation in Cambodia in January at a more reasonable price. Organically grown (by law!!!), fertilized with Brahma bull and free range chicken manure.

Condiment: A substance, such as a relish, vinegar, or spice, used to flavor or complement food.
Dips, sauces, spreads, spices, salt, just about anything you put on your food to enhance the flavor.

Condiment: A substance, such as a relish, vinegar, or spice, used to flavor or complement food.
Dips, sauces, spreads, spices, salt, just about anything you put on your food to enhance the flavor.

I stand corrected. It is I who am trying to milk the turkey. Hmm. All this time I thought it was saying "Go Bull. Go Bull. Go bull ".

I consider spices used at the table to be condiments. Especially when there are wide variations between different cultivars.
You are correct, sir. My apologies -- I looked it up and even humble salt can be considered a condiment.

Last edited:
My Preferences are as follows:

Ketchup ~ Heinz.
BBQ Sauce ~ Stubb's Spicy.
Worcestershire Sauce ~ French's.
Hot Sauce ~ Tapatio.
Liquid Smoke ~ Stubb's -or- Wright's.
Great Value Zesty Italian Dressing/Marinade (Mostly For Beef/Fajitas).
Teriyaki Marinade ~ Lawry's (Mostly For Pork).
BBQ Marinade ~ Lawry's Mesquite/Lime (Mostly For Chicken).
Broth ~ Swanson's.
Bread Crumbs (Italian) ~ Progresso.
Pasta Sauce ~ Ragu Tradicional.
Cheese ~ Sargento.

Dont use Mustard -or- Mayo personally,but what I usually keep around is French's Mustard (grey & yellow) & Hellman's Mayo incase anyone else wants either of those.
And anything like Dips/relish/etc. ~ again I dont use those myself,so I usually dont sweat the brand,so I'd likely just buy whatever is on sale or such.

Misc:
Peanut Butter ~ Skippy Super Chunk
Pancake/Waffle Syrup ~ Aunt Jemima Original

Seasonings:
Tacos ~ Mix 50/50 Taco Bell Original and Old El Paso Spicy.
Lawry's Season Salt
Mrs. Dash Table Blend
Mrs. Dash Spicy
McCromicks Grill Mates / Spicy Montreal.
Morton's Kosher Salt.

Most other Seasonings I dont have any specific brand/mix prefences...

FWIW

Bret P.

Last edited:
You are correct, sir. My apologies -- I looked it up and even humble salt can be considered a condiment.

The part of Cambodia where the pepper grows also produces some of the world's best salt. However, I decided it would be hard enough bringing peppercorns through US customs (They don't allow seeds but peppercorns aren't really seeds, they're sterile. You have to clone pepper vines). Bringing a bag full of little crystals might have been pushing my luck.

This thread reminds me of the fact that the ancient Israelites must have ate extremely well. After-all, GOD gave Moses 10 condiments to give to all the people.

index.php

We found this a few years ago and have enjoyed it ever since. Can be found on line or at choice markets here in NH or VT.

found this little description on line,

"Phyllis Fox is just over the river from us in Hanover, New Hampshire, producing this sweet and spicy mustard. Made with imported balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic and molasses, it's one of those products that's greater than the sum of its parts. Thick as creamed honey, dark, sweet and hot both, it can be used on sandwiches and as a glaze or marinade for meats (especially pork!)."

Attachments

• 30446foxhollow2.jpg
    30446foxhollow2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 123
I like most any sort of good mustard that isn't your boring flavorless yellow crap. Right now I've got a jar of whole grain Deutsche Kuche from Aldi that is really very good stuff and it was cheap too.

41wyO3DgBKL._AC_US160_.jpg
Vicious Viper Hot Sauce

One bottle will last me about 5+ years on average. I put 3 drops in a pot of Chili ... and yes I mean THREE drops only in a full pot.

This hot sauce is concentrated and it does not take much.

31hUUKXkAiL._AC_US160_.jpg

upload_2016-6-21_11-59-6.png
Love me some Larrupin Sauce!
upload_2016-6-21_12-0-37.png
And wasabi mayo gives that extra kick to my burgers and sandwiches.

Back
Top Bottom