Condiments you swear by....

95928011_0_640x640.jpg

Had this on Hot Dogs last night. Lovely!

I myself did a little test a few weeks ago with the beloved Mayo brands, Hellmans/Best Foods, Blue Plate, and Dukes.

The Dukes and Blue Plate were two new brands carried by our local Wally World, heard some about them, and thought I'd sample them.

As I side note, I've been Hellmans lover all my life, so I might be biased, and as well many people like best what they were raised on.

First up was the Blue Plate. Yes, creamier in texture, but with a sort of more "greasy-oily" mouthfeel, and a notable off aftertaste which all I could think of was rancid Soybean Oil. I didn't condemn it right the second, but then went on to the Dukes Brand.

Yes, creamier than Hellmans, but again the mouthfeel gave the impression of just a "greasier-oilier" product. The Dukes had a very similar taste to Hellmans I thought.

I came back to all three the very next day to sample again, thinking my taste buds might be different, but nope, the Blue Plate still had that off flavor to me, and it was well within the expiration date. So was the rest BTW.

The Blue Plate sadly went in the trash right after, kept the Dukes, but not really a lover of it either in comparison to Hellmans-Best Foods Mayo.

Condiments I always keep on hand include (but are not limited to):

Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce (the perfect flavour enhancer)
HP Sauce
Maille Dijon mustard
White wine, balsamic, and apple cider vinegar
Cornichons
Pickled Madagascar pepper-corns, and capers

I always make my own mayo - it only takes five minuttes, tastes much better than store-bought, and can be flavoured any way you want.

What I want to know is why is everyone swearing at their condiments? What did they ever do to deserve that? :(:p

Anyway, I just used some ajvar (pronounced as "eye-var") today. It's basically a red pepper, eggplant, and onion spread that is über delicious. Love that stuff!

20180184_front_a06.png

Getting into Little Caesar's large cheese pizza for $5.40 after suffering Freschetta forever annd the correct additions to said pizza are olive oil,garlic salt, and Tobasco.

Back
Top Bottom