Condo System Up and Running

20171214_103135_HDR_resized.jpg 20171214_102907_resized.jpg It has taken a while to finally get everything in place after deciding to ditch the 20 year old AV Receiver and take out the center channel, rear speakers and subwoofer, so much happier with the space. We haven't really listened or used the home theater for several years and I really wanted to get back into the 2 channel stereo world in a modern way.

Dabbled around for more than a year but finally settled on the following:

Yamaha WXC-50 - basically using as a player for Pandora, Tidal
Yamaha A-S301 - Integrated amp, size and power work perfectly for our speakers and space
System-Audio 1110 Speakers - Danish bookshelf speakers that I do so much enjoy listening to again

This is no high ticket system but performance wise I am totally happy when streaming my favorite tunes from Tidal. Dare say that this system gets most of my play as the really good gear is out at the summer home.

Attachments

• 20171214_102955_HDR_resized.jpg
    20171214_102955_HDR_resized.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
No turntable for this system as I want to keep this simple and easy, streaming only, the turntable are out in the country at the moment (Technics SL 1800/AT 120eb and a Thorens TD126). As long as TIDAL stays alive I should be okay and my second fall back will be to go either the hifi version of Deezer or maybe Spotify if they ever bring out a hifi signal.

Mainly listening to Jazz, Accoustic, Female Focal, some 80's and 90's stuff and a bit of Classical.

Thanks for viewing.

Back
Top Bottom