Connection of ipod, iphone to amplifier???

thomo57

I have just set my nieces up with an amplifier, CD player and speakers.
They asked me if there are devices that will allow connection of ipod, Iphone and laptop into the amplifier.

I have no idea as I am of the older generation and have no understanding of what may be available.
Thanks in advance.

The most simplistic connection is an 1/8" mini-plug / RCA cable, plugged into the auxiliary input.

You can stick a mini plug into the headphone jack but this will be volume controlled too.
You can also get an iPod Dock which the iPod sits in and provides a fixed level line output again on a mini plug.

So either way you will need a mini plug to rca cable.

These are the simple ways to do things but you may also need to consider the iPod case if it is one which may inhibit either connection method,it just depends on the iPod in question and if the case will be in the way?

Ed

as above post 2 ..another way is through bluetooth or through a wireless hub . i am old myself and just stick with the wired connections .

Mission accomplished:thmbsp:

2 X RCA sockets----- 3.5mm stereo plug, Splitter/Combiner/Converter.
$5.00.

Little late to the party but I just came across this and am thinking of giving it a try:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051MQJ7A/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=hi

I'm currently running a similar set-up through the headphone jack. For under $10 shipped I am going to see if there is a notable difference in sound going through the 30-pin connection.

You will be going through 1 less gain stage by bypassing the headphone amp in the iPod and that will usually sound better.

It will also be a Line Level signal not controlled by the iPod Volume Control.

go with pudgeypete and AVService's advice. You can buy a simplistic Fiio Line Out dock (LOD) 30 pin to stereo mini for like $10 on amazon. big difference over the headphone jack mini to rca connection. It almost doesn't sound as compressed that way. I use this with a Fiiio E6headphone amp to clean things up before sending the signal to the amp/receiver. Be aware that your volume option on the ipod disappears and is controlled through the amp/receiver. Sorry for the late response but I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom