1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Controlling a Raspberry Pi with a laptop, via ethernet cable?

Discussion in 'PCs & Music Servers' started by dodog, Sep 7, 2017.

1. dodog

dodog Addicted Member

I got LMS installed on an old laptop, DL'ed and imaged an SD card with PiCorePlayer, also have an OpenSUSE LEAP ISO ready to go if I decide to go that route with the laptop. Decided the afternoon was too beautiful to sit around so I went on a 2 hr. bikeride with my oldest (teenager). After showering and having a beer, I'm too tired to try anything further, then it will be the work week and nothing productive tends to happen at night. It'll be next weekend before I can tinker again.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. mars_volta

mars_volta Super Member

Volumio!!

3. E-Stat

E-Stat AK Subscriber Subscriber

As a follow up suggestion, perhaps the solution is to address the core issue. I have a PI 3B and experienced some dropouts while streaming 96/24 content to the garage using the built in WiFi. Solution? Purchased an external USB based WiFi receiver which is considerably more sensitive to the onboard unit for the princely sum of $13 on Amazon. No more problems even with 192/24.

[​IMG]

ronscat likes this.