Cornstock 2017 (Iowa/Midwest gathering) September 16

Like moths to the flame!
I'm about 6 hours away, but could really use the time off. New house, new job. Put me down as a strong maybe.
A new house and job, that's a lot of changes. Wishing you the smoothest of transitions. Hope to see you here in September!

Like moths to the flame!
I'm about 6 hours away, but could really use the time off. New house, new job. Put me down as a strong maybe.
Dale- We met once in Madison a LONG time ago. I see you're listed as "Rib Mountain, WI." Are you in Wausau? My wife is from there. We usually pass through every year on our way up to Minocqua. Small world. :)

I have a few local friends that will likely attend this gathering. It looks like there will be some camping as well. If anyone needs a spot to put a RV or tent let me know and I will make sure we have a spot saved. I run a business from my home and there will be people coming and going on a portion of the property while we are open. Our area will be separate and won't be affected. Also, I have a few bee hives. The hives are out of the way and will likely not even be noticed but I wanted people to know in case there are any allergy concerns. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited:
I have plans for that weekend but as of now, they are in flux and are looking more and more like not happening. I should know more after this weekend.

The Splats might just make it up there.
Mmmmmmmm.... Mama Paks pecan pie?
Hmmm... about a three hour tour... err... I mean drive from Omaha. Closer than Twangfest. :thumbsup:
:idea:.......
Some pics on page 7 of this thread. Search Twangfest and you'll see some other threads.
Didn't you drag home some VOT cabs from one? What became of those beasts?

Last edited:
I have plans for that weekend but as of now, they are in flux and are looking more and more like not happening. I should know more after this weekend.

If you end up having the weekend free, I hope you'll consider making the drive over. It should be a good time!

Mmmmmmmm.... Mama Paks pecan pie?

:idea:.......

Didn't you drag home some VOT cabs from one? What became of those beasts?

Yep I got a set of 828H cabinets from our host Jay. He had presumably robbed drivers out of them but couldn't bear to toss them. I got a pair of 20Y or some such Altec woofers from Battradio later, and a pair of dampened 511b horns with Renkus Heinze drivers from dc270 in TX. Built some crossovers. They are now in the Garage Mahal shop system.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/votts-singing.596777/

I'll be on the return half of a road trip out west, and if I'm on schedule I'll be hitting your town by noon Saturday. I don't have anything to bring at the moment, but would love to listen to other peoples favorite gear.

I'll be on the return half of a road trip out west, and if I'm on schedule I'll be hitting your town by noon Saturday. I don't have anything to bring at the moment, but would love to listen to other peoples favorite gear.
You're welcome to stop by here anytime, even if you can't make Cornstock. Hope to see you then!

What time should I be starting this shindig? I'm open to the idea of it starting whenever people start showing up and going well into the evening if people are having fun. I'll start thinking of meal options, I'm open to suggestions. Also, if there are any specific dietary needs, please let me know. Potluck/BBQ for one meal perhaps? I'm happy to provide a few beverages but if you want something specific, feel free to bring some with. If the weather cooperates, it may be nice to spend part of the day outside. It might be a good idea to bring a camp/lawn chair with, I do have a few extras. If the weather is anything like it is today, it'll be great to be outside.

I took the week of the 11th-15th off vacation time. Just so I wouldn't get forced over the weekend.:thumbsup:

Potluck and BBQ sounds great - even if it's burgers and brats, but actual BBQ is great too.

I've seen these go from 'whenever people show up in the morning' to after dark. Lunch was served whenever it was ready and after that it was 'eat when you're hungry' off the buffet.

Potluck and BBQ sounds great - even if it's burgers and brats, but actual BBQ is great too.

I've seen these go from 'whenever people show up in the morning' to after dark. Lunch was served whenever it was ready and after that it was 'eat when you're hungry' off the buffet.
I'm no BBQ wizard like you KC folks so it would likely be Burgers, Brats and Chicken. A Mead that I make recently won an award for its pairing with smoked Brats. I will set aside a few bottles of that if there is any interest. I like the idea of planning one big meal and then snacking throughout the rest of the day.

Back
Top Bottom