cough cough sneeze sneeze

Scifi

Fresh air is the key to a healthy respiratory system so change those air filters regularly. Here's one of mine after 1 year of use.

DirtyFilter.JPG

As someone who has worked in hvac for almost 15 years do not wait a year to change your air filter. It can cause so many more problems for your equipment and can raise your electric bill. Once every 3-6 months depending on run time

As someone who has worked in hvac for almost 15 years do not wait a year to change your air filter. It can cause so many more problems for your equipment and can raise your electric bill. Once every 3-6 months depending on run time

The furnace is only on in the winter, not year round. I haven't gotten around to replacing it until recently. I had to use Gorilla tape to hold it in place, too.

The furnace is only on in the winter, not year round. I haven't gotten around to replacing it until recently. I had to use Gorilla tape to hold it in place, too.

you dont have central air conditioning?

my comment was more an open comment to anyone who would read this

Hey
Not trying to high jack this thread, BUT what rating of filter do most people use? 1085 here.Eric

I have central HVAC and vacuum the filters when I graze the rug sucker, every other week or so.

Some guy has had a chronic cough for at least a month in this big room I'm in. I wonder if I should report him to the public health department before he kills anyone that has a week immune system. There was another guy that sat closer to me that had a bad cough, which was probably a bacterial infection. He ended up in the hospital for a while. They said he had H1N1 flu, which I think he caught after he got the bacterial infection. Maybe the first infection made his system more suseptable to the flu. A sinus and lung infection has being going around my area for a long time, which I get once or twice a year. I hate having an uncontrolled cough with lung damage for a while even after the infection is gone. Years ago I remember after I got that infection, anytime I tried to speak, I'd cough. One time some one asked me for directions and I would constantly cough. I wonder if he is still alive. One thing I found that helps improve my resistance to lung and sinus infections is fresh air as much as possible, usually at home. The entire story to this fantastic revelation is unfortunately taboo on this forum and most other forums and usually gets deleted after numerous people panic.

Last edited:
I use to get bronchitis about this time every year, with a deep hacking cough. It could linger for weeks. Knock on wood, but it has not returned since I retired in 2005.

Working for a large corporation where several thousand people were in the same set of buildings probably was a major contributor. I have always changed the air filter in our central system, but maybe not every 3 months. I write the date of installation on the edge of the filter.

Somethings I found helpful for sinus and lung infections.
http://sciliterature.50webs.com/AntisepticLozenges.htm
Another thing I found is salt water with a couple drops of Lugal's Solution per oz of salt water, put it in a wash bottle or other device and spray it into your nose for sinus infections. Lugal's Solution is similar to tincture of iodine. For a bad sinus infection, I use both the lozenges and salt water with Lugal's solution. I might take an antibiotic like ampicillin if I still feel feverish after using the OTC products. I also found that acidophilus helps, too. I have a bottle of Megadophilus (acidophilus strain DDS-1) and when its shaken with the lid on, dust comes out of the bottle when I open the lid. When I have a sinus and lung infection, I inhale that dust a couple times a day. It has a soothing effect on the lungs, too. This type of thing is known as antibiosis. The other day I had a bad case of hickups and tried some Megadophilus and the hickups stopped after that.

Back
Top Bottom