Could it be true, iPhone going to USB type C

Yeah, I have iTunes on a mac - currently a 1.36 TB folder on a 2tB drive.
Its been growing for 15-20 years -
started on a Power Mac G4, (60,000 tracks or so these days) don't have time to look EXACTLY which up now ...
STILL works like a pro here.

If its so bad in your system you should probably run some other software on your PC then
...I had heard that the PC version wasn't so hot -
you probably ought to specify that every time you take a shot at mac gear.

Well, I am still finessing a late 2009 MacPro I bought in 2010.
Installed a newer graphics card today [NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB] so it should be Mojave compatible later this year.
Its a 9+ year old machine and it runs the current operating system. Not too shabby.
Runs iTunes and does the music server stuff for the house ...
Runs our home automation, (mostly light programming) plus email and word and photoshop and all of that. Oh, also streams archived TV & movies to the Tivo downstairs.
No gaming tho, tried it a few times but never got much use out of that ...

Last edited:
Smart people are hanging on to there older Macbook Pro’s the “butterfly” keyboard has at least 2 class action lawsuits going against it, it cannot not handle any debris and it is next to impossible to pull out a key to clean under it.

But not my Anime OST files, several hundred album sets.

I've found that the Japanese metadata can confuse player software, even if it at first glance looks correct it sometimes isn't since the Japanese character set includes western characters.

Mark Gosdin

I've found that the Japanese metadata can confuse player software, even if it at first glance looks correct it sometimes isn't since the Japanese character set includes western characters. .

Mark Gosdin

I hate English lettering for Japanese characters. I screws up everything. An example: 天空のエスカフローネ Tenkū no Esukafurōne, lit. Escaflowne of the Heavens. In English title "The Vision of Escaflowne". This isn't so bad on an iOS device, iPhone/iPad they have very comprehensive list of languages. But Windows, it is a total PIA to load language packs. With the players you have the little nonsense characters that don't work for anything

I also heard the new connectors allow more current to be used with more powerful lap tops etc.

This is interesting. This cable would be great for plugging into an external DAC/Amp such as the FiiO amps. No headphone amp in the way. This is an authorized Apple cable I have no idea who makes it, yet.
A92BECBF-6A28-47A3-B403-50841F58D9BF.jpeg

Wouldn't the audio coming out the end be analog already, though?
Yes it is but there is the headphone amp that is unnecessary. My FiiO Alpen 2 has a COAX input that might be able to get a digital input with this cable.

Yes it is but there is the headphone amp that is unnecessary. My FiiO Alpen 2 has a COAX input that might be able to get a digital input with this cable.
Wouldn't that mean a digital to analog and then back to digital conversion process?
Or am I missing something? Is snagging a straight digital out via that cable possible? That would be cool.

I don’t is a digital signal it available with this cable there are no details.

The top of the FiiO Alpen 2 note the COAXIAL input.

0668C989-3851-425C-B30B-37BDD596C312.jpeg

The rumors have taken a new twist. It is now being reported that Apple is not going to dump the lightning plug. Instead when tbe technology for wireless power transmission charging is worked out Apple is going to dump the jack all together and go completely with WPTC.

http://www.wi-charge.com/

Chasin' rumours - as you've found, they are so often wrong.
So, why even bother!

I'd rather buy apple stock with the cash than replace the gadgets that often - I get one when the old dies or gets creaky
No sense chasing every dead end or weird change that happens - but if thats what lifts your floats - go fer it!

I am on a plan at Verizon I pay a interest free $39 bucks a month. No contract. At the end of 2 years the phone is paid for I sell it to Gazelle, and get the next model. I am purposely off year so I get the 2nd version of an iPhone model.

The rumors have taken a new twist. It is now being reported that Apple is not going to dump the lightning plug. Instead when tbe technology for wireless power transmission charging is worked out Apple is going to dump the jack all together and go completely with WPTC.

http://www.wi-charge.com/

No wires at all? That sounds like something Apple would do. Wait for the next iPhone to be as thick as a credit card ;-)

No wires at all? That sounds like something Apple would do. Wait for the next iPhone to be as thick as a credit card ;-)
Funny you should mention this. Johny Ives envisions a future iPhone to look like the ones seen on the TV series The Expanse.
257DA888-3961-4C3B-A0DD-5774FA391AED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom