Cr 1040 cabinet versus 2040

pat harris

Does anyone know if my perfect cr1040 with its blown pre amp amp parts which are not available has the same cabinet as the cr 2040 yamaha does. I was looking at a 2040 as a replacement for my cr 1040 which i have owned since i bought it back in 1979. The 2040 cabinet is trashed but the unit and faceplace is good. Is the 2040 saddled with issues of umpossuble to get parts as well? I was told that it was not but want to confirm that. After almost 40 years my ears are used to the yamaha sound.

Does anyone know if my perfect cr1040 with its blown pre amp amp parts which are not available
What parts are " unavailable" in the pre-amp ? Bout the only parts that are hard to find are the " chip amplifiers or driver chip. Those are after the pre-amp circuit.

Sorry yes I have a driver chip that has failed. I had it confirmed by a pretty respected repair facility for vintage receivers here in san diego. I have been reading some of the options such as chinese knockoffs which apparently are not the answer and some replacements which require sime rewiring of the board which is beyond my skills and the repair facility i went to will not do that kind of repair without correct original parts.

I was devastated when tech told me the dreaded outcome of his trouble shooting. I have always loved the sound of my yammy with my teac quadasync reel to reel playing through my Boston acoustic speakers. I have a Bose system upstairs with my tv and frankly it is clean and all that but completely over rated. Got to get back to the heavy weight receivers. If it doesn't hurt to carry it up the stairs it's no it worthy.

At present I don't have either model here. I guess .. Just go ahead with the 2040 . If it don't fit - deal with it later.

Find someone to put some veneer on the 2040. Real macassor ebony veneer.
macassarebonyAtoMside1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom