CR-620 Woes

good question .. avionic will know best . i have used 1/4w in some amps no problem but never done this with this one .
Was going to say 1/4-1/2w. If a 1/4w smokes go with 1/2.:D Technically there should only be around 600mv on the base of the outputs.

Last edited:
Was going to 1/4-1/2w. If a 1/4w smokes go with 1/2.:D
Also, just to make sure, (since I'm assuming you've seen these Yamahas before), what would happin if the transistors we're put in the wrong way (as in the paint were reversed, not the pins)

what would happin if the transistors we're put in the wrong way (as in the paint were reversed, not the pins)
Blow a fuse for sure.Possible destroy the transistor as well. Depends on how long it takes for the fuses to blow.

Was going to 1/4-1/2w. If a 1/4w smokes go with 1/2.:D
well yes there is a chance of smoke either way but better than trashing obsolete outputs . i do see others that go straight for 1/2w though .. i can never do the maths to work out the current . i know ideally they will see about 600mv .

This is becoming a money pit.
You haven't seen nothing until you T-shoot and repair and M-60/65,M-80/85 or a B-6 that has "Chernobyl'd"

B-6 debris field
index.php

Last edited:
You haven't seen nothing until you T-shoot and repair and M-60/65,M-80/85 or a B-6 that has "Chernobyl'd"
Oh god, on another note, I've got an M-40 at home I got from a goodwill for $10, is there any preventative maintenance I should do, or just leave it since it works great?

Also if you couldn't tell I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to working on this stuff. I normally stick to small thing, like iPods, so this has been a great learning experience. And thanks for all the help so far. I'd be very lost.

Back
Top Bottom