Craigslist: Portland, OR

Grabbed a set of the 4312's last summer for a good price. Don't like to pay that much anymore. Two woofers that need repair brings the price way down, at least $200 to replace those.

Good Afternoon: It looks like no one has posted to the thread for a while, but here goes: I live here in Portland, but recently posted down in Sacramento about an opportunity for a free tube Reel to Reel.

The offer (see below) stands for anyone around here heading down into Central California over the next 2 weeks. As I explain, if you want the Roberts 990 you can have it. I'd rather have my $25 loss be someone's gain vs. just another chance for Shopgoodwill to make a "double" profit on their donated gear by just re-auctioning it again.

Good Evening: I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, but I wanted to send a message to those AK'ers in the Sacramento area. I purchased a Roberts 990 /Akai M-6 tube Reel to Reel off the Shopgoodwill website about a week and a half ago (07/10/16), but am unable to pick it up (It's Incorrectly labeled as a 900 in the Shopgoodwill ad). http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Roberts-900-Reel-to-Reel-31209580.html
I live in Portland, but was in Sacramento for a Yosemite trip with a plan to pick it up on my way home. Technical difficulties had me leaving Yosemite and California B4 Goodwill would allow me to pick it up

Because of this, I'd like to pass along this "win" to any AK member who would like it. I believe I can authorize Goodwill to release the "unknown condition" reel to reel to a person I delegate. Hey it was only $25, so I'm not taking a huge financial hit, but I'd rather pass it on than just have Goodwill re-auction it. There is quite a bit of info on AK about the Roberts 770 /Akai M-7 which I believe was just 2-3 years later than the 990 / M-6, but also a "twin mono-block" tube amp (4 watts or so) / Preamp. This Roberts is untested, but looks complete.

If you want it, send me a personal message and I'll work out the details with you. I believe we still have 2 weeks before they re-auction it. Again, it's PAID FOR, I just can't pick it up. Hey if b**********1 is out there, I beat you by $1 and now you could just have it for free.

In any case, share the wealth.

Just missed a pair of nice AR-9's Friday night with original boxes for free. Was anybody here the lucky stiff who scored these? Not that I really needed them, but free is a very good price.

Still looking for a receiver for a family member in portland
Something that's been gone through

It's good to see this thread again. Thought it was lost.
Bummer Brad. Didn't even see those AR9's. (Kinda glad I didn't see them)

Just missed a pair of nice AR-9's Friday night with original boxes for free. Was anybody here the lucky stiff who scored these? Not that I really needed them, but free is a very good price.
I logged in here to ask the same question - wondered who got them.

Did anyone get the Vandersteen 2Cs for $300 last week? A friend of mine is really disappointed about missing those.

I think so as well. I have seen a few pair of Forte's and Forte II's for sale on CL that haven't moved at 400-550$ so it's a a tough time to be selling speakers I guess.

Last edited:
A friend of mine just sold his Forte ll's last week for $350. They were on CL for weeks. Only worth what people will pay when you're selling.

Ain't that the truth. You would think that Forte II's would be selling faster especially if they are listed for under 500.
I have a pair that I have been thinking about selling but watching them just sit on CL I don't think I would get the price that I would want for them.

Back
Top Bottom