Craigslist: Portland, OR

HPM150 for $2000. This guy looks to be a total nut case. This guy, who appears to be named "Tom Utchit" has a bunch of other stuff for sale and his stuff sits unsold for a LONG time.

Anyone ever bought from this guy? Some of his stuff looks like something I would like to own, other stuff not so much. Prices are usually kinda high and the guy comes off as a total jerk.

Pretty sure any AKer in the area has seen his craigslist ads.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/d/pioneer-hpm-speakers/6423700141.html
I think 'total jerk' would be a huge understatement. As a matter of principle I would never buy anything from him based on what he has to say in his ads, frankly I've been sorely tempted to flag all of his ads. Don't encourage him and maybe he'll go away...

Also how could anyone trust someone with that attitude to honestly represent what he's selling? I've been frustrated by craigslist flakes lots of times but deal with it in a different way.

Lately some guys have been posting their frustration with this seller with craigslist ads detailing their distaste for him. I have been tempted to join the crowd.

Lately some guys have been posting their frustration with this seller with craigslist ads detailing their distaste for him. I have been tempted to join the crowd.
I ignore all his ads. He thinks his stuff is gold and prices it accordingly. Most of it is in terrible condition. Most of the ads state that it will take a few bucks to fix it then it's worth top dollar. Right.....

HPM150 for $2000. This guy looks to be a total nut case. This guy, who appears to be named "Tom Utchit" has a bunch of other stuff for sale and his stuff sits unsold for a LONG time.

Anyone ever bought from this guy? Some of his stuff looks like something I would like to own, other stuff not so much. Prices are usually kinda high and the guy comes off as a total jerk.

Pretty sure any AKer in the area has seen his craigslist ads.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/d/pioneer-hpm-speakers/6423700141.html
He's kind of a grouchy guy who wants ebay prices for stuff he finds at estate sales etc. If his stuff sits for two years on craigslist.....he raises his prices right along with the going ebay rate.

Did you guys happen to notice that Audio Research amp and pre listed for 100.00? Down by Medford???
I responded within 20min and it had sold....... Damn the luck.
Hope one of you got them.

When I price something, my thought is that I can always take less if I'm asking too much.
It's pretty much impossible to bounce the price if you're selling too cheap.
But, I also put a lot of time and parts into what I sell, and offer a warranty.

I just picked up a pair of Boston Acoustic A400's yesterday but these....... these....... Thanks for the heads up John.

I really don't think I can swing them either. I just can't... At least right now (after buying the A400's yesterday) but someone will get a deal. Hope it's an AK'r. Never heard a pair myself and will probably kick myself.

EDIT:
Well damn my self control. I just texted him so we will see if I hear back.....
EDIT EDIT:
Well we have been talking and I might have to go see them tomorrow.... I just got those BA's though and not sure which one would sound better. Have only had 12hrs with them but I do like the way these Bostons sound. I know, just buy both and see which one I like better........
Last Edit:
Well it looks like someone beat me to them as I haven't heard back from the seller today and the ad is down. Oh well, hope one of you picked them up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom