Craigslist: Portland, OR

I stopped in on this sale early on. The seller had some decent stuff and was fairly up front regarding problems if there were any. Had a Harmon Karmon 930 for $10 in decent external condition, but it needed lot of internal work. Also had some lower line sansui, sony, pioneer, etc like a sansui 210 and a pioneer sx-424. I was looking for a marantz tuner dial indicator, which he had just given away for free (help). I left without buying anything, perhaps because his collection looked a lot like mine, various lower models in various stages of repair and the good stuff not for sale.

La Scala's anyone? hehe

http://eugene.craigslist.org/ele/160253606.html

IbywsxAKfTy1VHVKW1whh45DB1ui.jpg

kfa888 said:
Well i could not help myself so I snapped these up. Now I have a stack, well tomorrow i will have a stack. :smoke:

Let us know how they sound stacked. I've been trying to pick up another pair of 17s to try them stacked myself.

BridgedToMono said:
I'm still waiting to hear back from the fellow, actually... :worried:

Waiting and waiting! We shall see...
I hope you get it, that's a killer price. I went through the same thing this weekend on an SX-1250 advertised for $25. Yeah $25. It sold for $200 but not to me. :tears:

P. Shivers said:
Let us know how they sound stacked. I've been trying to pick up another pair of 17s to try them stacked myself.

got them home and they are in unbelievable condition (check the speaker forum). I had a stack of KLH23's that sounded really good, I'm guessing these will sound good stacked as well but not as good as the 23 stack. it is going to make for a tall skinny stack :yes:

Was it anyone around here who snagged that big G?

Anyhow, I think I happened accross the remnants of that fella's "big sale".
I was riding up the the corner store for some liquid heat relief when I had to swerve around a pile of TT platters and Hitachi plinths in the road. I stopped to investigate and found the remains of no fewer than 6 low-fi vintage pieces on the concrete. It hit me then that this was about where that sale was.

posted just for S and G's sake...

Last edited:
Not on Craigslist, but mighty unusual looking oddballs ...

Flatline 175 - $900

Mmm, ribbons and very rare. Too bad they're hybrids and the price is about one zero too high for me. Still, I'd love to drop by and give them a listen.

1147814833.jpg

- JP

Back
Top Bottom