Crate and Barrel vinyl sale

Under the category Decor and Pillows.

Limited vinyl selection, and interesting titles, but good deals. They are also selling Orbit+ turntable and Audioengine speakers.

I just got...

Norah Jones "Come Away With Me" Remastered Vinyl Record. SKU: 254837 Clearance $9.97
The Beastie Boys "Paul's Boutique" Remastered Vinyl Record. SKU: 254724 Clearance $12.47
Miles Davis "Birth of the Cool" Remastered Vinyl Record. SKU: 255138 Clearance $9.97

The first two I've wanted for some time. I only know later Miles but couldn't pass it up for Ten Bux.

I could have easily picked up the Beck and Blind Melon too, but...you know... money.

Last edited:
I had beck and beastie in my cart ready to go but then shipping kicked in and I was looking at a final price of almost $40, so I stopped myself. I love that beck album. Is shipping a flat fee? Maybe I just need to order a few more.....:D

Man, there are some deals there and I can do in-store P/U.

I was just in Crate & Barrel a few nights ago. They've totally gone over to the MCM side with basically everything. Really surprised, the homage level is cranked up to 5.

There is certainly a thin slice of the vinyl buying demo that might go in there to shop but it does really seem like a misfire to me.

Damn, I picked up Pauls Boutique a couple weeks ago for about 20... I love that Beck one too, it sounds great over digital though... Hard to justify. George Clinton though? Yes please

Did you all notice those are "Capitol Records—to bring you 75 albums re-released on vinyl."

Most Capital vault records don't cost much anyway, I have yet tried any that sounded good. It's one of my stay away record label.

Looking at a lot of those titles they can be found from different companies that do awesome work mastering and pressing. So your choice, have a tile that's sub par taking up space, or a audiophile record they puts you in nirvana.

Just my two cents...

hqdefault.jpg

Yep, my Crate and Barrel order came today. This record sounds great (I've heard complaints about the Capitol 75th vinyl). Very quiet background and great mastering. The bass is like a warm hug. However, it is quite apparent why C&B didn't last long selling vinyl. It was shipped in an oversize box, literally rattling around inside the box as I lifted it. I opened it and there was a cursory piece of bubble wrap, just folded over the records. Nothing securing them at all. Worse yet, the album pictured above came from a case which some dope opened with a box cutter, slicing the spine in half. If it weren't clearance it would be going back. The other two records seemed to have fared much better, but if I open them and get any surprises I'll report back.

hqdefault.jpg

Yep, my Crate and Barrel order came today. This record sounds great (I've heard complaints about the Capitol 75th vinyl). Very quiet background and great mastering. The bass is like a warm hug. However, it is quite apparent why C&B didn't last long selling vinyl. It was shipped in an oversize box, literally rattling around inside the box as I lifted it. I opened it and there was a cursory piece of bubble wrap, just folded over the records. Nothing securing them at all. Worse yet, the album pictured above came from a case which some dope opened with a box cutter, slicing the spine in half. If it weren't clearance it would be going back. The other two records seemed to have fared much better, but if I open them and get any surprises I'll report back.

How'd your issues pan out with this order? Was thinking about grabbing the Revolver and Pet Sounds LPs. For less than $12 for a Re-Mastered sample, one can't complain over the price,...

My records arrived safe and sound and they all sound great. Not everything is from Captial's 75th pressing run. Compared to Markshan, my records were almost overly protected in a complete casing of the big bubble wrap. No rattling, tears or corner damage!

I just picked up my Crate and Barrel order yesterday also. Thanks @El Pee for alerting us to this sale. I'm listening to the first one now and there is a slow rise/fall warp to the record but its not bad enough that I'm going to try and return. If I had a Crate and Barrel closer I might, but the one near me is about 45 minutes away. It's in an area we like to visit so we just made an evening of it and did some shopping and eating a places we don't normally get to. Also got to hit a Half Price Books in the area with a decent Vinyl selection. I picked up Birth of Cool and Blind Melon (for me) and Sam Smith, Katy Perry, and Abbey Road for the wife.

Btw, in trying to identify the pressing of my Blind Melon it appears to be identical to the RSD 2013 release except for the capital "75 years..." hype sticker on the shrink.

Thanks for the heads-up. Got Nora Jones, Beastie Boys, Steve Miller Band & Pet Sounds! YeeHaa

Didn't look when I purchased but checking back, it's in Stereo. Is the mono preferred?

Can someone who has purchased Norah Jones and Beck please comment on the sound quality? They are both in stock at my "local" Crate & Barrel, but it's a bit of a drive. I like the prices, but if the sound quality isn't there, I'll pass on these and look for other pressings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom