Crown EQ2 Distinction series

timespy

Looking for opinions on this eq. Ive had it in storage for a few years, and never took the time to mess with it. Im looking to pair it with my Crown d150, and trying it out with a few stereos I have around. Any opinions, or advice are appreciated. Could also use a link to a manual if anyone knows of one.

EQ-2's are awesome. It's a graphic that you can vary the center frequency.

This was the top end of Crown's line, and I can't think of a single time that Crown screwed up on their flagship line.

Thanks for the reply. It is a very nice looking piece of equipment, if it works as great as it looks, Ill be pretty happy. Dont know much about them, but Ill fiddle with it a bit, and see how well it works. The two units together look really nice, and the amp is very very clean sounding.

Found an owners manual online, lots of graphs. Doesnt seem to be too difficult to operate. So far it works pretty good despite a tiny bit of scatchyness in the sliders.

Slider noise is common, Deoxit Faderlube is what you want. Not the red stuff.

That is a fantastic EQ. It has the bands, it has some ability to move the center point of each band like a parametric eq, what is not to like. Oh and it has Crown's build quality. I'd really like to add one to my DL-2 preamp but I don't use EQs enough right now.

I was going to add it to my ham radio rig, but Im still having rf feedback issues. Right now its sitting pretty with the Crown d150a. Going to hook up the Klipsch HerseyII speakers I had set aside. Not sure if the little amp will drive the speakers to their potential, but its should sound darn clean.

That D150a will be more than enough for a set of Klipsch speakers - not a problem. Nice set up, too.

Cheers,

David/KG6IRW

anyone got A Dl-2 schematic
6 year old thread about the EQ and you are asking about the scat for the DL?

Oh what the heck, that is one of the only ways to keep this request out of the dungeon of Digital Docs, a forum that doesn't get a lot of traffic.

If the scat is not in the OM/SM available from HiFi-Manuals, I don't know where other than Crown or AE Techron that might have that.

http://www.hifi-manuals.com/Crown/DL-2/downloads

Did you get those EQs you were bidding on?

Back
Top Bottom