CT-F1250 - Function question - spindle operation

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Tangerine, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Thanks for all the fish!

Hello all.

Maybe it's the first time I've noticed it, perhaps it's a fault condition, I'd like your opinion.

With the machine at idle, and with no tape inserted I noticed that both spindles (onto which the pinch rollers press) are in constant motion. Tapes play, rewind and fast forward OK.

As I type this I suspect it may be a clutch issue? If so, can it be adjusted or do I need a new one (stop laughing). Otherwise I'm at a loss.

All replies respected and appreciated.

Cheers,

Les.

2. inductor

inductor Super Member

chuckle chuckle, they should be

3. Tangerine

Tangerine Thanks for all the fish!

Sweet!!
    Thanks for that reply too.

4. inductor

inductor Super Member

despite having had a chuckle i am wondering if the capstans should operate when a cassette is inserted ?, there is a switch to detect this, someone will let you know im sure ,

5. pustelniakr

pustelniakr Silver Miner at Large Subscriber

CT-F1250 capstans turn whenever power is applied, unlike some other high end Pioneer models.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

kydog likes this.
  6. 1TUFSS

1TUFSS Thread Killer

The CT-F1250 uses a brushless 'pancake' capstan motor. This is an extremely wear-resistant design which enables it to run all the time for instant playback. Compare this to the CT-F950 and other dual-motor Pioneer decks which use conventional armature type designs and therefore wear with usage, eventually necessitating replacement or rebuild. These decks only run the motor when in play or pause mode, and when these modes are activated, head bridge engagement is delayed to allow the motor to reach operating speed.