Damn you HungryMan TV dinner...

The left over ham is great for pea soup in the crock pot. This is so easy, pea soup mix, baby carrots, peeled tiny gold potatoes, left over ham, and water all in the crock pot. Set the crock pot on low and forget about it for the day, when it's dinner time......Yowzaaaaaaa.

View attachment 1154366 View attachment 1154367 View attachment 1154368

Growing up, my Mom did a pea soup using beef short ribs instead of ham or ham hocks. That was just as good, just a bit different though. Try it once, you'll like it. We did make sure to put chopped onion, celery and carrots into the pot along with the split peas.

:beerchug:

Avoided TV dinners for decades until some recent shoulder surgery where my activities in the kitchen were severely limited. Found these to be the lesser of all evils, almost as good as an MRE ... ;-}

03775b440824a9026c5589bc572212e0_f1047.jpg
498781c90c3959242194c32cd3d1ba31_f1058.jpg

PS - this thread in the right forum? Don't see what exactly it has to do with "cooking" ... <G>

Ok - two Chicken dinners (Chicken w/bone) where the chicken was in the cake.

Best TV dinner out there. But come on - Swanson - or who every you are - keep up the quality.

Any fans? Anything better TV dinner wise?
Wow! I've not had a TV dinner since the 20th century. Even the cheap ones were better than that, though. They must be importing them from China now.:)

Ok - two Chicken dinners (Chicken w/bone) where the chicken was in the cake.

Best TV dinner out there. But come on - Swanson - or who every you are - keep up the quality.

Any fans? Anything better TV dinner wise?
The chinese word for cat: Chicken

OT...a dude from work just died from eating under-cooked pork. His deterioration took about 8 years.

You hear about that, but somehow it didn't seem real until it happened to somebody nearby. His wife still works with us.

What about those old fashioned huge tamales - with string - and tons of paper wrapping. I remember those as a kid in the 70's.

Corn husk shells under the wrapping paper. Mmmm, good!
We got those from a meat market in my grandparents area back in the late 1950s.

Pioneer Tamales - made in nearby Stockton, CA. About 4" diameter, 6" long or so,big chunk of chicken or beef in the center,slathered in sauce, wrapped with layers of corn husk with masa, a paper wrapper with a covered wagon on it (if I'm not mistaken), tied on both ends with white string.

Geez, I miss those!

Pioneer Tamales - made in nearby Stockton, CA. About 4" diameter, 6" long or so,big chunk of chicken or beef in the center,slathered in sauce, wrapped with layers of corn husk with masa, a paper wrapper with a covered wagon on it (if I'm not mistaken), tied on both ends with white string.

Geez, I miss those!
That makes sense as I was a kid in the Bay Area (Alameda, CA) And I remember the wagon.

OT...a dude from work just died from eating under-cooked pork. His deterioration took about 8 years.

You hear about that, but somehow it didn't seem real until it happened to somebody nearby. His wife still works with us.
8 years? To quote Warren Zevon: Life'll kill you.

Are you talking about Trichinosis?
https://www.medicinenet.com/g00/tri...Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8=&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=13

I've heard of people getting sick from raw pork, but never dying from it. And after 8 years? Talk about far fetched. Unless there was a lawsuit and it is necessary to pin it on a particular meal.

LOL, yeah honestly I've come across a few pieces where I asked "there was chicken in that?" so maybe I should say I like the batter on Banquet's chicken?

Fun story - was heading home from work one day and stopped off at a KFC for a bucket of chicken. Got it, drove 15 miles home, opened it up, and it was half empty ... right number of pieces, just really really small.

Drove all the way back demanding a refund - "I ordered chicken ... not pigeon!!"
They gave me my money back ... <G>

Tonight, I'm going all in. That's right, scraping my own can.

The non-organic Baby Carrots from Walmart are usually yummy. Sometimes bitter, but not tonight.

View attachment 1154345
"There are no coincidences." - Master Oogway

Wal-Mart Carrots - Copy.jpg
Small world, eh? My wife keeps at least two to three bags of those carrots in the fridge at all times. Whether added to salads or simply snacked on by themselves, they're delicious and a good source of vitamins A, B6, and K. And that's coming from someone who's historically not liked carrots at all. It just goes to show you, never say "never."

Folks: As time consuming as it can be, and as hard as it is to cook for only yourself, the taste and pleasure of a well cooked home made meal is something to be enjoyed and savored. So set up a play list, turn up the volume and get thee into the kitchen and do yourself one home cooked meal each day.

Yes, Mother.

"There are no coincidences." - Master Oogway

View attachment 1154613
Small world, eh? My wife keeps at least two to three bags of those carrots in the fridge at all times. Whether added to salads or simply snacked on by themselves, they're delicious and a good source of vitamins A, B6, and K. And that's coming from someone who's historically not liked carrots at all. It just goes to show you, never say "never."

Those look good except they need a Steak, Potatoes and perhaps some gravy to finish off.

Cooking doesn't have to be hard. I work so anything I cook has to be easy, and usually quick, nothing fancy. Really, anyone could make any of the things I've posted. The hardest part of the pea soup was peeling the little potatoes, took about ten minutes. Then put everything into the crock pot and turn it on, it's that easy.

Pot roast the same thing, just put it all in the crock pot, any left overs can be used in the pot pies. I've been thinking about putting different pie filling into the pot pies for mini pies, how easy is that. Open a can
Those look good except they need a Steak, Potatoes and perhaps some gravy to finish off.

No potatoes and gravy, but the steak and coconut shrimp lol. Just made these filet mignon the other night, steamed baby carrots.

20180402_182803.jpg

Back
Top Bottom