David Bowie - Blackstar - Anybody got it?

This makes so much more sense now ... RIP David!

This makes so much more sense now ... RIP David!

That explains his message that, for the most of us, was dark, and elusively not cheerful. The song resonates now, I almost feel the need to purchase it. He truly is exploring now. RIP David.

RIP, David Bowie. Thanks for all the great music; you will be missed. Also, thank you for your last album, BLACK STAR, it's amazing.

David Bowie always did follow his own beat. I love some of his new albums, Outside, Black Tie, White Noise, Heathen, etc. They were Bowie expressing himself as a elder statesmen of rock, not trying to be something he couldn't any more. He moved on. That is why II respect him as an artist and mourn the loss of a great one.

People want to hear the old stuff but I prefer the newer, edgier styles.

Well said. There will never be another Bowie. The term artist is overused in music; however, not in this case.

Or didn't want to spend $100 on the black vinyl there.

The album is pretty good. You can stream it for free on Amazon Prime.

I noticed that early Bowie releases will be repressed in late February and finally, released per album. The Ziggy album (vinyl) on 180G, 2015 remaster is only $22 on music direct.

I noticed that early Bowie releases will be repressed in late February and finally, released per album. The Ziggy album (vinyl) on 180G, 2015 remaster is only $22 on music direct.
The guy at my friendly local record store confirmed this today as well. Fantastic! What an awesome reversal of the skyrocketing old stuff. I do hope it all comes back down to normalish prices at some point.

I'll be grabbing Hunky Dory, Ziggy, and Young Americans at a minimum.

Mike

I <ahem> obtained a (lossless) copy of Blackstar. A few very moving numbers, but overall "ok". Lotta instrospection @ this work, and I guess we all know why.

Just stumbled across this thread and read it start to finish, interesting how the tenor changed before and after his death. I've been a Bowie fan since "Space Oddity" and followed him through many changes. I admit to falling away in the late 80's but I began to rediscover him several years ago, including his later stuff. Reading your posts, I've realized that Bowie is among a very few artists who, for me, transcend simple entertainment. His music matters enough to me that I no longer demand or expect his latest to be my favorite, or even close. I just loved seeing what he was up now, and enjoyed the hell out of that. Like a favorite uncle, some his stories were more favorite for me than others, but every time I got to sit down and listen to one, new or old, I got a lot out of it. I'm saddened that there will be no more to come, but what a legacy.

I have pretty much all of his stuff. He was one of a kind! I really dig some of his stuff and can,t force myself to listen to some of his other stuff. That is probably what he was shooting for.

I bought the CD and have listened to it a few times now. The last time my fiancé asked me if I could play something less depressing. Two songs I like, the rest meh.

R.I.P.

Here is my Blackstar story. We were in Salt Lake City actually seeing the village people. Haha. The next morning my daughter text me and asked if I was sad about david bowie, I was like oh shite. He had died that morning, I had no idea. Went to a few record stores and the rush was on, that quickly. I had ordered the new lp from his website with the 3 lithographs. When we drove home to wyoming, the lp and lithographs I paid $50 for were on my porch, I was bitter about the price. But as they sat there they instantly became worth $1000 + . My daughters made me not sell it, and I never opened it up. So it's in the original shipping box, unopened.

Back
Top Bottom