DCM Time Windows?? Tell me about them...

most all speakers today are time-aligned, dual coil/coincidental or "boxes" aligned like the KEF LS50
all the way to the WAMMs.

even if they're not time-aligned, the distances involved - 6 feet from speaker to listener doesn't matter.

the good news is that it's no longer an issue when selecting a speaker. The TWs are good, though.

I've heard that said often, and it may be true about the 1 and 1a, but the threes make bass below 30hz. Completely agree that the more power the better they perform!

Specs for TW3:

24-20,000 Hz Frequency response
89 dB@2.83V 1meter Sensitivity
Power 5-400 watts Usable power range
8 Ω Nominal impedance
2-3/4" tweeters coaxially mounted soft dome
1-6.5" midbass polypropylene/butyl rubber surround
1-8" woofer butyl rubber surround
3-way time and phase equalized with electronic speaker protection
Folded transmission line with front port
Solid oak in black orwalnut finish
45 pounds each

@The Fuxtor, If you have adjustment knobs at the top of the back, you have TW3. If no knobs, then these would be earlier models. If the tops are sharply angled and have seven sides, then you have the Grail, TimeWindow Sevens.

Here's a shot of three TW models: 1a, 3, and seven:

View attachment 897146

The one on the far right is definitely a TimeWindow Seven.

Thanks, J. That was your picture, right?

Time Window Sevens serial number 440 & 441 are sitting in my listening room right now!

Yes it was, from a long time ago.

The TimeWindow 1a's were sold and the 3's were modified to look like the TW7’s and served as side surrounds with the TW7's as mains. The TW3's were later move to another room and were replaced with a second set of TimeWindow 7’s as side surrounds.

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom