Decorative wall treatment ideas

Goober2

I recently finished my basement home theater and I'm looking for ideas on wall treatments. I've been reading a lot about things like placement, but I guess I'm not seeing a ton about decorative wall treatments. I'm not really a big fan of the foam panels I've seen. Anyone willing to post pics of some creative and effective wall treatments? Especially in or around corners.

The room is roughly 24x24 with 5/8" sheetrock walls and ceiling, all insulated to reduce sound travel through the house. The floors are carpeted and in general, the sound is quite good. What's annoying me is that I'm getting some vibrations/buzzing in the corners from the subs. Thanks for any ideas!

Get some beach towels with your favorite sports team;audio brand;beer; etc. Build a frame the same size as the towels using 2x3's and fill underneath with your choice of sound treatments. I've made several of these in favor of the ugly as a donkey's ass foam panels which I've since taken down.

Last edited:
Interesting, not a bad idea. I don't mind a DIY project. I toyed with buying canvas prints and filling them within some sort of material.

GIK Acoustics offers room treatment panels in a variety of colors and print designs. They will even print whatever you want on the fabric from their library or you can send them your own pictures and/or artwork. Their prices start around $50.

GIK Acoustics offers room treatment panels in a variety of colors and print designs. They will even print whatever you want on the fabric from their library or you can send them your own pictures and/or artwork. Their prices start around $50.

That's great info. I like the idea of using my own photos

AcousticArt is another provider of panels where you can choose from a range of graphics or upload your own.

Click here for website.

Understand that your square room necessarily suffers from room modes that will make the bass uneven. Ideally you need bass traps to help address the issue. And/or, specific shaping of the sub output via parametric EQ or DSP.

AcousticArt is another provider of panels where you can choose from a range of graphics or upload your own.

Click here for website.

Understand that your square room necessarily suffers from room modes that will make the bass uneven. Ideally you need bass traps to help address the issue. And/or, specific shaping of the sub output via parametric EQ or DSP.

Yeah, I was guessing bass traps for corners to help with the boominess and some wisely placed wall treatments would go a long way toward improving the overall acoustics. Thanks, I'll check out that link

Back
Top Bottom