Denon DP-45F

preston1000

I know this post will be subjective and that's okay with me.

I purchased a Denon DP-45F with a Yamaha MC-3 for $270.00 with free shipping. Now the seller wants me to help out with shipping costs as he wasn't aware of the packing process for a safe arrival of the turntable. I advised him to insure it which he did through UPS but UPS has to package it themselves. I sent him a link to a video for packaging the turntable which he is showing the person who will be packing it.
So do you think this turntable is worth it plus the $40.00 he wants me to contribute towards shipping?
Or should I just tell the seller I can't help out if he complains and just ask for a refund and walk away.

Thanks in advance.​

I know this post will be subjective and that's okay with me.

I purchased a Denon DP-45F with a Yamaha MC-3 for $270.00 with free shipping. Now the seller wants me to help out with shipping costs as he wasn't aware of the packing process for a safe arrival of the turntable. I advised him to insure it which he did through UPS but UPS has to package it themselves. I sent him a link to a video for packaging the turntable which he is showing the person who will be packing it.
So do you think this turntable is worth it plus the $40.00 he wants me to contribute towards shipping?
Or should I just tell the seller I can't help out if he complains and just ask for a refund and walk away.

Thanks in advance.​

It is whether you want the turn table or not.

Go for it should you have the funds. :thumbsup:

I typically email sellers and offer $30 extra if they'll agree to bulletproof packaging. $40 doesnt seem too bad.

There is no guarantee that UPS will pack the table according to the video, partially disassemble and separate items to be packaged. I've observed their process before which consisted of setting the carton under a hanging bale of packing peanuts and letting them fall and calling it good. Who knows what you'll get. You would be covered by the insurance this way but I don't see them spending the time and care needed, I'd pass. Buyer and seller beware with turntables.

Have him ship USPS,and have him pack it based on the video. Contributing to shipping as messed up as it is, isn't an issue to me. But if I were the seller, I'd honor my commitment. I gave away a plinth on here and charged $20.00 for shipping and it cost me $37.00, so I ate the $17.00 extra. Because I committed to that. For peace of mind, I'd pay the shipping he's asking for help on as long as he ships it as you ask him to.

I went ahead and paid the $40.00 because it's insured. Worse case scenario, it arrives damaged and I get refunded my purchased price for the Denon plus the extra $40.00.

Let us know what your impressions are of the turntable when you get it. Function and sound. Thinking of up picking one up as a back up that has been totally recapped and restored for $400.

Let us know what your impressions are of the turntable when you get it. Function and sound. Thinking of up picking one up as a back up that has been totally recapped and restored for $400.
Will definitely report back as this will be my first higher end turntable. The last one I owned was over 33 years ago and it was a plastic cheapo.

The turntable as of yet has given me no problems. Running a Nagoaka MP-50 and I'm very happy with it sonically. I did get rid of the stock RCAs and soldered some Belden 8402 and it really opens up the soundstage.
I tried using the Stevenson protractor and it just didn't sound right setting up the cart. I went off the owners manual where it gives a measurement of 35mm from stylus to the edge of the Denon headshell. After that, it was fine tuning by ear and the azimuth was done by ear also. I'm sure something is still off, but for now, I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom