Desert Eagle 357

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by NeedForSpeed, Sep 25, 2017.

1. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

I saw the manufacturer (a guy with a table...lol) at a gun show many, many years ago. I think it was 60 or 65 bucks and it was just so insane I had to have it. I had just bought my first revolver (a stainless steel S&W .357 magnum) and this was where I found out that guns are like potato chips! I recently purged and I'm down to two guns... a S&W 9mm and this crazy "ultimate boot gun" which despite people offering me over $100 I just didn't want to part with!

Although, you'd be much more likely to shoot off your own boot than actually defend yourself with it! The safety mechanism and the trigger are just nuts.

2. MannyE

Me too when I was a teenager... :jump:

3. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Moderator Subscriber

The place we all went shooting at was the City Dump, it was an absolutely GORGEOUS site, so,of course, the City Fathers decreed it was best ulilised as a dump.. VERY safe-You would have to be REALLY trying to hurt anything of value there. I bought a mid 60s big ugly RCA ..BVW console. We literally shot the Dam thing to PIECES one summer...One guy who was into Shotguns told me he'd had more fun that summer than he could remember..We'd pluck the Tubage out, & either perch them upon something, NOT normally used for THAT.

4. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

Many years ago we used to have open carry lunches where we’d all gather for an afternoon and have a good time with family and friends. It was always pretty mellow, most of us carried glocks, sigs, rugers, etc. Didn’t seem to really bother anyone. Then this one fella would show up with a gold tone tiger striped DE in an uncle mikes shoulder holster, that one drew some looks !

I saw some eyes grow big more than once and a few people leave seeing that hand cannon, ahhh sure miss those days.

5. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad Subscriber

And still are, even moreso.

6. Mystic

.357 "saves the shoulder" and using HP slower ammo won't pass through yer perp, through a wall, and into the street, adjacent apartmant, heaven only knows where else...

NeedForSpeed likes this.
  7. MannyE

You gotta imagine that's a cool collector gun and, like a pro-street Camaro, only good for making noise and having fun or sitting around on display. A .357 is a practical workhorse that gets the job done. Although if one was 6'10'' tall and built like Conan the Barbarian, a Dessert Eagle would be a perfect fit. I can see it now... CONAN 2049... The Barbarian is Back! And he's MAD.

If you're out there counting on your weapon to protect you, then it can't be an unwieldy bonkers huge canon... IMO of course

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM
  8. Mystic

That was always my complaint re: Remington 870. Nice defenseive weapon but not very portable unless you re-size it.

9. Mystic

What make/model? Caliber? Got a photo handy that you could post w/out too much hassle?

10. MannyE

No denying they are super fun to shoot! I'm hoping to get a few shots of an elephant gun one day! I couldn't imagine ever actually shooting AT an elephant. It's like killing a dolphin to me, but I would sure enjoy obliterating a gallon of milk with one of these!

[​IMG]

11. MannyE

Cobray.jpg
    Sure! Gimme a few minutes and I'll edit it into this post....

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 9:18 AM
    MaxxVolume and Mystic like this.
  12. Mystic

Neat, like s.t. outta an Old Western poker game.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 9:51 AM
  13. MannyE

I put the 9mm bullet in there for perspective. :)