1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Design Acoustics PS-55 (large-ish images)

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ibriggs, May 22, 2010.

1. ibriggs

ibriggs New Member

Well I saw these at the thrift store for about 9 bucks. I had trouble turning them down, since I've been looking for some cheap bookshelf speakers and had heard good things about the OLD design acoustics speakers from a few different sources. What I wanted was something inexpensive and without too high impedance since I was planning on running it on a cheap creative computer amplifier/sub combo unit

Now, these aren't exactly shining stars of audiophile legend, but for 9 dollars I have to say I was pretty impressed. They lack some of the clarity and transparency of higher end bookshelf speakers I've heard. All in all I was happy with them for what I paid. Also, I might add I tested these first on my regular receiver but have since patched them into my desktop computer system using a creative amplifier/sub combo. Without a sub, I seriously doubt these would do it for me even as a backup...but that goes without saying for most bookshelf speakers.

Anyways, heres some pictures..

cheers

(warning, 1.5 mb files approx)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]