DHL from Japan

KenP

Does anyone have any experience importing from Japan using dhl as a carrier? I'd like to know if you got hit with customs or duty charges when the item arrived.

Thanks

Does anyone have any experience importing from Japan using dhl as a carrier? I'd like to know if you got hit with customs or duty charges when the item arrived.

Thanks
Read this thread in the Yamaha forum, particularly post #8. the OP dos not mention what (if any) were the custom charges but the shipping was eye-watering (though when you see the size of what was shipped, it is understandable).
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-ns-2000-1st-impressions.740325/

I bought a beer stein from HarmanKardon on an AK charity auction. He shipped it DHL on the 20th of November. It arrived via USPS (don't know why) over 7 weeks later.

I doubt I'll ever use them.

I ordered a part from Portugal last week, they shipped DHL, it arrived today no added fees or customs so far.

About a week ago I needed a hydraulic valve for a saw I was working on. The customer wanted the saw up and running NOW to keep his production schedule on track. DHL had it here the next day. Japan to Phila PA overnight. I never saw the shipping bill. Part was only a couple of inches square and maybe 2 lbs. Bet it cost 3 to 4 hundred bucks to get it here. Regular shipping was 7 to 10 days.

BillWojo

Back
Top Bottom