Dick Sequerra Club?

maxnolte

Recently acquired a pair of Pyramid Metronome 8Ws to compliment my Met 7 pair that I've been listening to for a couple years now. I'm curious how many more of us there are! Let's start a massive Dick Sequerra post and figure out who else is out there jamming this obviously superior speaker technology! I mean, yeah, they have their short comings--i.e. squashed dynamics in the met 7s and a blooming I'm experiencing with the subs. But they're an insane bargain these days and I'm convinced that they'll have their day in court and eventually be recognized as the incredible hi-fi wonder that they are.

Am I crazy? Am I alone? Has anyone attempted a replacement of the 8W woofer? What are you listening to on them? What amps are you pairing them with? How are you wiring the subs? I've just been running one lately, as I got one shipped with a frozen driver.

I have a pair of the 8W subs that I got with bad surrounds in exchange for 4 bass lessons. I put new surrounds on them and they work great. For some reason, I haven't used them much over the last 8 years or so, but I've just gotten inspired to get them going again. They are in my home studio, so will mostly be used for supporting the low end under some ProAC Studio 100s, which are powered by a McIntosh MC2105. They sound good on their own, but there is some stuff missing in the very lowest part of the sound. My DAC is a Metric Halo ULN-8, so I built a crossover in the DSP at around 80 HZ or so. I'm using a Nakamichi receiver with a STASIS power section at the moment, but I'm contemplating using them passively, all powered off the Mac, along with the ProAcs. I don't listen loudly anyway, so I'm sure I have enough power (30 years of being a musician has taken enough of a toll on my hearing). Even with the 40 watts or so per side of the Nak, they got to a very healthy level, to the point that my wife was wondering what the heck was going on.

I have to say that I really like sealed cabinet subs. Ported subs always sound too boomy and resonant, while sealed cabinets allow the fundamental of each low note to really come through.

I contacted Sequerra a number of years ago (2006?) about getting replacement drivers, but he had nothing. I would look into pro audio drivers that would match the size of the cabinet and then replace both. Having mismatched subs would probably not work out that well.

There are some choices that go down into the 20s among the guitar and PA speakers here:

http://www.usspeaker.com/12.htm

There are also these:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-12-subwoofers/

You'd probably be best off talking to someone who knows how to interpret and use the T/S parameters to fit the driver to the box. I know just enough to be dangerous.

My first exposure to Sequerra's speakers was the full Pyramid Metronome system - including the T-1 ribbons I still have.

Have also had the Sequerra Met 8W, 7 and T-9 system.

Take care setting them up and you will be rewarded.

I was introduced to the speaker when a friend passed away & left his 2 digit serial number, black cab original Met 7's to me.:yes:

I own several pair now - 1 in the dining room, another in my son's music practice room. People definitely run hot or cold on them, though.

I sure would love to have a pair of those ribbons - always have my eye open for them...

I've a pair of PLC Audio Met 7's, nothing else I've tried has a soundstage as TALL. They are my crazy 3d sound stage speakers :)

Even a set of Met 8 MKII subs near me, but just can't pull the trigger.

That sure brings back some memories. :)

As they are a pair to be kept, I haul them out to remind myself that they are worth keeping:)
Also they are part of my object of desire to actively triamp, along with a set of newly acquired slightly malfunctioning Meridian 10s extravaganzas.

Hi,
I have the
Sequerra T9 Ribbon Tweeter
Sequerra, MET-11, Pyramid Metronome, 3 way 4 driver speakers
Pyramid (Sequerra) 8-W Subwoofer pair
-- See pictures --

They are all in good shape. The Met 11-Pyramid Metronome has been altered. The previous owner said that he had a stereo store remove the tweeters and replaced it with a new tweeter.
I'm putting them up for sale -- haven't yet decided on a price.
Because of their weight and sizes no boxes for them-local pick-up only.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 125
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I have Met 7 #00207 and #00208. I bought them a few years ago at the Skyview Flea Market in Santa Cruz CA. There were three. $15.00 each. Bought all three. I gave the odd one to a friend. Amazing little speakers.

Signed up for an account after finding this post. I also have a pair of MET-11's. They're great sounding, although I need to replace the tweeters on them. I'm extremely jealous that jamjam has the grills for both. I only have one at the moment :(

Thanks jamjam/tubed for posting the pics of your Met 11's. Ones you don't see very often at all these days, wonder how many of them were actually made? I had a pair of Met 7's around 1983 or so, and got to listen to the Met 11's not soon after. Almost traded in my Met 7's for the 11, but didn't.

sp1.jpg This one is downright scary but they have been sold..

DSCN0313.JPG
This new system is still available and plays at truly satisfying levels.

Attachments

• DSCN0315.JPG
    DSCN0315.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0313.JPG
    DSCN0313.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom