Did anyone else buy a pair of ER-139 ESL speakers in 1975?

I apologize for taking so long to reply to your helpful post frommerstop, but i had to research all the speakers you mentioned first.
They all seemed to have their own stengths and weaknesses, and my initial impression is that the full range ESLs would most llikely reproduce my type of music the best. As you have done at times, i could always try adding a good subwoofer for a low frequency boost.
I find that I'm getting kind of addicted to the 18 to 20 Hz lows that the 107s are capable of. The buzz/vibration some of those low, bowed bass notes are so warm and involving; or the tight punches from the bass drum in a classic rock band.
But I'm also very aware of just how incredibly real-sounding a good pair of well-positioned and dynamically driven ESLs can be. I'm reasonably positive that adding some recommended ESLs to my system at some point is the route to go. I'm not ready yet, and I'd always keep the Kefs, but I can see some Acoustats or KLHs in my future.
I'll also be looking for an ML 335 or 336 to re-cap at some point, and a used Primaluna Dialogue to comtrol it. Theres a used Linn Akurate CDP on CAM right now, but its just not good timing for me. I'll be moving in 3-4 years, and that'll be the time.
It's really nice to have people like yourself available, that have had lots of experience in a particular subject like ESLs. It improves the chances of actually getting the right speaker for my particular usage and taste.

Cheers.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom