Digital tuner question

Silversleep

I do not have many digital tuners in my vintage stereo receiver collection as they are not my favorite. I do have a realistic sta 2200 that has a digital tuner on it and it makes a chirping sound and the stereo Beacon flashes at the same time of the chirps. The chirping sound appears to come from the tuning board obviously and I was just curious if anybody knows what causes that? Yes , I know it is a very strange situation. I know some of these receivers are half digital and half analog and not truly digital so I don't know if this one is either or. Certainly one of you guys that specializes in tuners has seen this before.

I have the STA-2200, mine makes a little chirping sound when I change stations. The noise sounds like it's coming out of the front end. What causes it. I don't know. It's one of the earliest digital tuners, so they were on the early part of the learning curve. That said, it's a pretty decent tuner. Wish I could tell you more, but at least you know it's not just your receiver that chirps.

Back
Top Bottom