DIrect coupled(DCB1) buffer build

sachu888

Spare the tigers, kill me
Hi,
just completed our version of DCB1 buffer. I was using Pass B1 buffer with LDR volume control since last 2 years.I have heard many expensive preamp,but none could come close to B1. I only heard only good things about DCB1.My friend and FM Omishra designed these PCBs.I ordered few PCbs for group of friends. It really takes B1 to another level,highs are clean and clear with good bass ad mids.Its very simple to build with very less components. It can be run with 2 X 9V batteries. I am running it with my OPS power supply @ +/-10 V. see few pics before.Enclosure is just for checking it quick and dirty.
Few pics :

Regards,
Sachin

Interesting; Another creation.

Am I wrong but do I see two traces for potentiometers L and R CCW. CCW meaning the direction to turn the pots 'off'?

The "CCW" printed on the pcb left and right.

Yes Counter clock wise(CCW) printing is correct. Please see back side of PCB

Regards
Sachin

Interesting; Another creation.

Am I wrong but do I see two traces for potentiometers L and R CCW. CCW meaning the direction to turn the pots 'off'?

The "CCW" printed on the pcb left and right.

That should not be confused with 'CCW' direction, its ground for L & R, which would be pins at which both channel wiper connects at minimum volume position.

In the end it does not need PCB, I built double buffer on vero board or general PCB whatever you call it. It just works fine until you have quite and decoupled PS. DIYA member Salas has build shunt regulator for this. I felt its good to get benefited from OPS, my own leaner PS.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I may need to do one of these for my buddy who owns a record store here. He already has a CNC. I think he will benefit from a buffer between it and his tube amp.

I'll empty another meat container. (That is what the CNC is in.)

Matched pairs are (Q1,Q2) and (Q3,Q4). If parts in each pair has slight mismatch then lower current jeft at inner position of PCB (within matched pair). In any case do not break matched pair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jfets should be matched tightly and also your voltage(+/-) should be equal,else you may have higher DC offset. Kindly measure DC offset without connecting any input.It should be below 5 mv.

Regards
Sachin

Jfets should be matched tightly and also your voltage(+/-) should be equal,else you may have higher DC offset. Kindly measure DC offset without connecting any input.It should be below 5 mv.

Regards
Sachin
I have 2 pairs that are nicely matched but the pairs differ from each other about 20%.
Is that bad?

Regards
Rafal

Sorry botrytis.
I thought that since Sachin likes to upgrade his builds, there may be some new things inside as well.

Back
Top Bottom