gBlackMagic

I want to put together a wired bass controls for my Klipsch powered subwoofer. Just a knob to control level and crossover, just like you do on the back of the unit. I'll probably just replace the pots.

To my knowledge, this doesn't exist as a product I could buy.

Anyone have any luck doing something like this? Maybe some hidden codes for a receiver to allow direct control of sub output level, like a volume control? I do have a harmony remote, it would be equally awesome if I could repurpose the channel up/down to directly control subwoofer level

I want to put together a wired bass controls for my Klipsch powered subwoofer. Just a knob to control level and crossover, just like you do on the back of the unit. I'll probably just replace the pots.

To my knowledge, this doesn't exist as a product I could buy.

Anyone have any luck doing something like this? Maybe some hidden codes for a receiver to allow direct control of sub output level, like a volume control? I do have a harmony remote, it would be equally awesome if I could repurpose the channel up/down to directly control subwoofer level

HT receivers/processors basically do that through their bass management functions.

Typically you set the sub to about midpoint of the level, and set the low pass filter to the highest setting. Then, the level and low pass settings available in the processor/receiver handle it from there.

I don't know about receivers. However, my Emotiva UMC-200 pre/pro has remotely adjustable trim levels for all the speakers including the subwoofer.

I rarely use this function as my subwoofers have been set and adjusted using a DSP, REW and a calibrated microphone.

Yeah but for that you usually have to step through menus to adjust channel levels. And on mine it is an on-screen menu, so if the bass is too loud during a movie (from when I was listening to music, e.g. rap or edm), it ruins everything

Does anybody know of a way to do this directly, without having to step through the receiver's menus?

Yeah but for that you usually have to step through menus to adjust channel levels. And on mine it is an on-screen menu, so if the bass is too loud during a movie (from when I was listening to music, e.g. rap or edm), it ruins everything

Does anybody know of a way to do this directly, without having to step through the receiver's menus?

The processors I've had had buttons on the remote to change the levels without sifting through OSD menus. Of course, that does not imply all do.

Lucky me! The remote for my UMC-200 has buttons for directly trimming all the speaker levels. There is no need to go to any on-screen display.

RDL makes a set up that would allow you to remotely control your sub. Another choice would be to get a HT AV processor /amplifier and use the remote control to adjust the sub.

Back
Top Bottom