1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Do my Shure M95ED stylus still okay or not with a little bent ?

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by liemjerry, Jul 12, 2018.

1. EngineerNate

EngineerNate AK Subscriber Subscriber

If you want to go cheap generic for the N95, I did a bunch of reading and it seemed like a lot of folks think that the Tonar branded one is the best of the three major generics (Tonar, Pfan, EVG). I ran one for a while and found it to have a quite enjoyable sound.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. justjed2

justjed2 Active Member

The standard elliptical replacement from LP Gear is about $30, and really doesn't sound bad at all. The HE simply gets noticeably more detail out of the grooves. And the M95/R47XT is actually a pretty pleasant cartridge to listen to. Especially considering the price.

MCM_Fan likes this.
  3. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

Unfortunately, no. You are at the mercy of the seller. The Voice of Music and Carole's Needles on Ebay are honest about what they sell.

MCM_Fan likes this.
  4. Luiz felipe

Luiz felipe New Member

Hi all,
    I have marantz 6200 turntable, today I use an M95 cartridge with N95ej (THAKKER JAPAN) "JICO", but I think it's not JICO.
    My question is if a stylus N95HE will look good on my TT?
    So I've been researching the arm is medium mass for heavy.

sorry for my english

5. liemjerry

liemjerry Active Member

I think it just fit to your TT

Luiz felipe likes this.