Do you change your listening chair depending on the music?

DC

"Manhattan Boy"
Subscriber
Lots of threads about listening chairs, but I don't think there are any genre-specific ones, so let's have some fun. :D

Thoughts? Discuss...
music chairs.jpg

It seems I only listen to the blues :) And its a pretty big couch.
So, no.
I will however move the speakers :) And fiddle with the EQ. All the time. :)

Not now ... but I use to sit in my chair (Ikea Poang at that time) with foot stool for CD's and w/out for Vinyl. Tower speakers at the time

... when I switched to Bookshelves with Subwoofer (Streaming & Vinyl) ... I stopped doing that ..
(use foot stool all the time now) no longer noticed a difference ... switched to the Ikea Ekenas chair as well.

Last edited:
I just adjust the position of the chair...depending on the mood/genre/gear used...plus the ottoman for long languishing listening.

Q

Last edited:
With Magneplanars moving my chair back and forth a foot or so makes a difference in the sound.

We have a big couch. The difference in sound is obvious simply by sitting in a forward upright position or leaning back into the cushions (that sucks out the midrange and clarity).

I have 2 listening positions in my room--room stage central for my EPOS speakers---an Ikea chair..........
and at the computer desk when I listen to the Advent Smallers I just have a std highback fake leather exec style office chair.

If I had a spare 6 grand I'd switch them out for ONE Herman Miller chair and stool set.

Nah,I never move the chair. But sometimes the Wagner does that all on it's own. That's what the seatbelt is for.......:rolleyes:

Basically, no. Though I do move around to different positions when watching the TV or watching movies some times sitting closer.

I like the picture in the first post. That's exactly what I think of classic rock ... retirement home music. :D

No, I don't change my listening chair depending on what type of music I listen to. I change my listening chair depending on which room I'm in as 3 rooms in my house (and the garage) have different systems.

And yes 4 systems are a necessity! :D

There really are worse ways to spend one's money, such as alimony.

Reactions: DC
I have but a single chair I use for listening, a circa 1940s cantilever chair (leather and chrome construction) designed in the mid 1920s @ The Bauhaus by Dutch-born architect Mart Stam. Mine is the black leather w/ armrests version, i.e., this:

STAM CHAIR.jpg

Also have the matching footstool:

STAM CHAIR STOOL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom