Does anyone uses Bluetooth adaptor into their receiver?

The only difference I feel with a different Bluetooth adaptor is that I need to use a very high volume when using it instead of cables.

Do you feel some cons with your Bluetooth adaptor?

I have a couple of BT capable setups. Both BT receivers are aptX capable. If my source device isn't able to connect using aptX, the sound quality is not very good at all compared to what an aptX source delivers. Neither of these is a standalone BT dongle, and so I can't speak to output volume of the dongle.

Is the media volume on your source device turned all the way up?

Well yeah, I am using Logitech bluetooth adaptor. When my source device is turned all the way with an optic cable I'm using volume 20-23 at my receiver.However, when I change to Bluetooth I need to use 30-35 to get the same experience...its a bummer. I'm considering to change to the Audioengine B1.

I use the Logitech, usually in my dining room small system that uses a SMSL SA-50 mini amp paired with KEF Coda 7 speakers. Sounds very good.
My only complaint about the LT - if I forget to unplug it, my Blackberry phone connects to it when I come back to the house, and then takes me a minute why I can't get any sound from the device.

I agree, the sound is great but only at a high volume, Which makes me wonder if it could sound better in a low volume with a different adaptor...

I personally don't see much point in using BT if there is WiFi available, but use it in my car a lot.

A cheap Chromecast Audio sounds a lot better than any BT device and can be hooked up to just about anything with a line in. Or optical in.

Eric

I use the Outlaw BT adapter into my CR-2020 aux port. Sounds great, tiny, and makes the Yamaha into a modern streaming machine. I have a spare old iPhone 4S that I use with the wifi only as a player.

Set up looked simple enough. except the online instructions are for setup with a remote speaker.
The Chromecast does have better quality sound, but the bluetooth receiver I bought already came with the cable which hooked directly to the Aux RCA jacks. Pretty much plug and play.

I've used an Harman Kardon BTA-10 (aptx capable) with aptx-capable devices, and was quite happy with the sound, but have since switched to WiFi-based Chromecast Audio, as Eric describes in post #10. Better sound, and less money than the BTA-10. But to me, even more important is that once an external stream (e.g., internet radio) is started with a Chromecast via a capable application (e..g, Simple Radio in Android), the originating device can be shut down. That fits my usage pattern perfectly. I happen to connect the Chromecast to an external DAC via optical, but the sound is quite good even using the Chromecast's internal DAC via a 3.5mm to 2 RCA cable adapter.

How do you find the Audioengine DAC?
Good, but not great.
I connect the B1 to an external DAC (older Cambridge Audio DacMagic) and then to my amp. The sound is so good that I now play all of my music (ripped CD's) from my computer and no longer play actual CD's.

Back
Top Bottom